*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1154731-Writing
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Writing · #1154731
On what we all do , write
This is my first piece of work here, and after some deliberate thought I have decided where better to start but to write simply about writing. It seems apt, afterall, for we all have been astounded by the very influences a certain literary piece or script can have an effect on us, and not just in our modern world but from the annals of history.

The most obvious and pragmatic use of writing would be to convey information through the ages and eras which distinctively divides our reign as humans. It ensures that what we have learnt, what we have discovered and what are our dreams , amongst others , will not be lost in a great conflagration that us humans will ultimately create and unbind the work we have done. I am talking, of course, about the nature and reluctance of certain groups to accept the diverse spectrum of our history which they seek to obviate from the youth of their culture. Certain dictatorships and traditions come to mind. It is thus paramount that even if books, papers and thoughts are all burnt and thrown into an abyss so deep no hand can reach, a small piece of humanity, metaphorised through the art of writing, is thus kept and preserved. Thus whatever that has been written down from history is not just ink on a piece of paper, but an amalgam of ideas, a myriad of thoughts which has no tangible presence but lives in the very lifes we lead and the art we do. It is imperative to note thus far that I am no longer just discussing writing in its extrinsic form.

The next objective would be to question what inspires people to write. Is it so primitive and fundamental as the need for a medium to transmit information or does it have an even higher order ? The evolution of writing has been murky at best, with many experts trying to theorize how writing has evolved but many just scratch the surface. This leads us back to the front of this paragraph; Has the changes in writing suit the need for writing which is not restrictive ? That might be the main issue which has been exacerbated over and over again once people start to write because in their writing they embody the very beliefs that is symptomatic of modern day writing, be it good or bad, and this embodiment literally charts the evolutionary cycle of writing. Let us continue, then , to the reasons why people write to make things clearer. In my opinion, and purely my own, people write to express. It is the form of expression which takes on many shadows and images - that of romance, of love, of terror, of joy. These primal instincts can be shown either through rudimentary language or high-brow writing. It is the ability of writing to transcend global barriers set up by the forces of nature and men alike that empowers it with the capabilities it has today and incidently, evolved language to what it is today. It is, to us , simpler and clearer than that of the past but it is noteworthy that whatever was written in the past is clearer to the generation at that time than our style of writing. It is thus pertinent if we were to keep that in mind when we are on this topic as it is fallacious to assume that writing is simple in terms of time yet it is not spurious that writing is able to transcend the clock and connect to the global complexity that our world is today. Perfect examples would be that of ancient poetry, which may seem crazy to write today and even harder to understand, but exudes a sense of beauty and emotion when one reads it. Can we conclude then that, at the very end, we need to be " inspired " to write and that there is so-called a higher order form of writing ? You be the judge.

I guess the final question would be , Should we write ? Is not the answer , then , quite obvious.
© Copyright 2006 Benzoid (benzoid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1154731-Writing