*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1155849-Learning-who-you-are
Rated: 13+ · Editorial · Religious · #1155849
How i found myself and how wicca can change my life
Life? Can you always just go with the flow or are there times you need to stand up and make a difference. To me I couldn’t sit still long enough to just go with life so I generally stand up and find a way to stir things up…

I actually tried stirring up my own thoughts and founded out that I had found the true me along the way. Who knew I would find that I was not like my mom and sister who believe in the Christian God but I actually have discovered that I am a Wiccan at heart. I fell for the religion the first time I ever read about it.

As a kid I had attended church like most with there families to teach us how to live and by whom to follow. However, I never felt comfortable I always wondered why all these people could have faith so deeply but now I realize that they had just found what felt right to them. Somehow Christianity just wasn’t something I felt comfortable with I always felt like I was playacting. I would stand to sing hymns and sit and bow to pray or whatever else was called of me but I always allowed my thoughts to wonder to if it was all real? Could going to church every Sunday and wearing cute little fluffy Easter dresses really get me out of a forsaken hell and into a wonderful heaven? For some reason I just couldn’t see it. It is not like I am against Christianity it just I don’t think it is for me.

Wicca feels right to me though. I love how they have Sabbaths that have meanings and they follow the seasons and how some of their traditions are found throughout everything you see. I love how it is not something that tells you what to do and how to live your life. It is rather a way of living in total peace with yourself.

I have noticed that since learning about Wicca I have learned to be more confident in how I walk, talk, write, and think. I found that my peace came almost instantly when I realized that it was what you send out that comes back to you times three. It made since it my head some how and just takes me to the ultimate level of peace and for that I thank the Goddess any day!
© Copyright 2006 -Skittles- (amy21m16t10 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1155849-Learning-who-you-are