*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1156451-Facing-My-Two-Greatest-Fears
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1156451
Conquering Ones Fear
The eastern sky was filled with low dark clouds shifting in from the west, as the sun tinted the sky tangerine, leaving the appearance that the entire eastern sky was on fire. As the howling wind stirred the air, adding a distinctive icy cold chill, that sent shivers down my spine, making my blood run cold. In the distance you could hear the rumble of thunder, similar to the sound you would hear when several individuals are bowling spontaneously in a bowling alley. As the storm grew closer the roaring thunder became deafening. The intensity of the lightening reminded me of the flash from a digital Polaroid Camera. I could smell the rain as a cloud burst causing a downpour. The rain tasted like my tears, and the tiny droplets reminded me if the tear drops running down my cheeks. Completely horrified by what I was seeing, I decided to turn on my television to see just what kind of storm I was in for. As I reached for the remote, the valley where I resided had been covered in darkness. At that very moment I felt my heart stop, while trying to remain calm I searched despirately to find my place of relaxation, for my fears were looking me straight in the eye. The two things I had feared the most in life had come upon me.
© Copyright 2006 babblequeen (babblequeen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1156451-Facing-My-Two-Greatest-Fears