*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1158491-Ill-Be-Yours-Forever
by alyss
Rated: · Novella · Adult · #1158491
Two people from two feuding families fall in love
         Zinnia was going shopping today. She had seen a gorgeous dress in a shop window and just had to have it. It went perfectly with her strawberry blond hair and her peaches and cream complexion. She grabbed her keys and her purse and got into her brand new sports car. Her father had given it to her when she turned twenty one. It was a red mazzerati and she could run up the speed on a straight stretch of highway from zero to nothing flat. She had just graduated from the university and would be working in her father's accounting firm next week. But right now, she was young and free and ready to shop.

         She was hurrying out of a boutique with her hands full of packages when she ran into something that caused her to stop suddenly. Her packages went flying and she had to grab onto the something she ran into to keep from falling. She steadied herself and then examined her obstacle. It was a young hottie with a build that made her mouth drewl. He had silver hair cut to look in disarry. He had the bluest eyes she had ever seen. They reminded her of the ocean at sunrise. Looking into the water there seemed to be layers and layers of blue and the longer you searched the deeper the pool. She stared as if mesmerized losing herself in the bottomless blue. Then she came to herself and let go starting to pick up her packages. It was a good thing she was in jeans today or bending over would be giving everyone a nice view of her butt. She felt more than saw him help her pick up her packages. She straightened so that she could gather the rest of them from his grasp. She felt like a fool and was sure she looked like one too.

         "Thank you so much for helping me pick up my packages. If you'll give me the ones that you have recovered I'll get them to my car before something else happens since they are blocking my vision."

         She looked up at him at just the moment he smiled in amusement. His whole face lit up with a smile so charming she almost swooned. She was a goner. She was in lust and with someone she had no idea of the identity of.

         "Please let me help you take these to your car. Its almost lunch time. Would you mind letting me take you to lunch? By the way, my name is Robert. And you are?"

         "My name is Zinnia, and I would love to have lunch with you. There's a little bistro that I have lunch at frequently just around that corner. We'll go there if that's alright with you."

         "Lead on, Zinnia, I'm putty in your hands."

         As they laughed together, he placed his hand at her back in a possessive gesture while they headed for the bistro she was directing him to. They were seated and given a menu to study. Zinnia had already decided to order her favorite salad with the house dressing, so she put up her menus. Robert sat studying his. The waitress came to their table and took their order, removing the menus. They began talking about common place subjects like what movies they had seen and what books they had read lately.

         Robert was still in shock. When he had touched Zinnia fireworks had gone off inside of him. He was a sensual man, but he had never felt so deeply for a woman before. Zinnia could be the one for him. He would have to ingratiate himself with her enough to set up a date before they left the bistro. He had to see her again. While they were talking she learned his last name was Dennison and she told him her last name was Ramsey. It didn't ring a bell to either of them. He asked her out Friday night and got directions to her home. They walked outside onto the sidewalk, and he couldn't resist kissing her gently on the lips. She tasted like ice cream in summer, sweet and warm. He felt the electrical jolt again and couldn't wait til Friday.

         Zinnia got into her car and headed back home with her purchases. For the first time, when he touched her back, she had felt a warm feeling be born inside of her that had to do with him. She wanted to get to know him better and desired him to touch her more intimately. Just the thought made her blush. When he had kissed her goodbye, she felt like melting into him in an intimate embrace. Friday couldn't come fast enough. She had a sexy little dress in her closet that would light his fire for sure. She was playing for keeps.

         Zinnia was ready for Robert to pick her up on Friday night. She found a nice slinky black dress in her wardrobe to wear that should turn Robert on. She hurried downstairs when she heard the doorbell ring. Her father answered the door and turned to look at her with a thunderous face.

         "Zinnia, what do you mean going out with the son of the man who is trying to take over our company? I'm telling you right now, I won't allow it. Its either the company or him. If you date him, you won't be working for the company."

         Zinnia looked at Robert in consternation. She hadn't put the last name together with her father's arch rival. She felt a deep sorrow fill her. She knew that something good could come from her attraction to Robert, but she could never be so disloyal to her father. She felt tears come to her eyes.

         "I'm sorry, Robert, if I had known who you were I never would have made the date. This is not about my job, this is about family loyalty. I just can't date you."

         In tears, she ran upstairs to her bedroom. She heard the door slam behind her. She went into her bedroom and locked the door. She heard her father climb the stairs and try the door knob. When he found it locked, she heard his steps as he walked away. She just couldn't talk to anyone right now.

         Zinna got ready for work the next day still in shock. She had not slept much that night thinking over the situation. She headed downstairs to breakfast. She wasn't very hungry so she had some toast and coffee. Her father was there and seemed to want to say something, but she let him know that she didn't want to dicuss Robert. She drove to Brotherton pharmaceuticals and used her new ID to enter the building and the laboratory. She reported to the manager of the laboratory and got her assignment for the day. She had been looking forward all of her life to finally working in her father's business but the thrill was gone. She would see how things went, but she might have to look for a position at another facility in another city and leave here. She would never feel comfortable about working here again.
© Copyright 2006 alyss (alyss at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1158491-Ill-Be-Yours-Forever