*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1159541-Anchovies-And-Mushrooms
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1159541
Wrong number gone right.
"Hey, I’d like to order a large pizza."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. Double cheese, pepperoni, and anchovies."

"Anchovies? That’s a bad choice mister."

"Excuse me?"

"Anchovies. They’re no good. How about mushrooms?"

"Is it really good business to criticize my choice of toppings?"

"It might seem strange, but you’d thank me later. Anchovies are not very appetizing."

"Well I like them, and I am the one ordering the pizza. You’re just supposed to make it and deliver it."

"You’re awfully rude."

"Me? You’re the one telling me what to order on MY pizza!"

"I’m just trying to be helpful. I’m sorry. Order your pizza however you’d like. But I still say mushrooms would be better."

"Jeez, this is the most annoying conversation about pizza I've ever had."

"Well, maybe this would be a good time to tell you-"

"Listen lady, I just want my pizza. With anchovies. Got it?"

"I’ve got it, but that doesn’t help you. You see, you have the wrong number."

"Wrong number? Why didn’t you tell me that in the first place? I could have had my pizza ordered and half cooked by now!"

"I tried to tell you before, but you couldn’t hear me over all your grumbling."

"I wouldn’t have had to grumble if you hadn’t told me how to order my pizza."

"Sorry, but I’m just not an anchovies fan."

"Yeah yeah, you like mushrooms. I’ve got it."

"Exactly. Now go order your pizza. Have a good-"

"Wait! You’re nervy. I like that in a woman. What’s your name?"

"Stella. "

"Stella. I like that. It’s very Streetcar Named Desire."

"Gee, I’ve never heard that before. What’s your name?"

"James."

"James. Simple, kind of like you."

"Oh Stella, you’re snappy. So tell me, why are you so against anchovies?"

"They’re slimy, and stinky. Not to mention they taste awful! It’s all about the mushrooms."

"You’re very particular. Are you like that with everything?"

"I can be flexible, just not when it comes to my pizza."

"Now there’s something I can agree with! How do you feel about movies?"

"I like them."

"Haha, you’re a funny girl. What types?"

"Comedy, drama, chick flicks. No horror."

"And how do you feel about going out with men who call wrong numbers?"

"I feel okay about it I suppose. As long as he isn’t a creep."

"What if he’s me?"

"I said no creeps. Just kidding."

"You’re a real comedian aren’t you?"

"I do what I can."

"So?"

"So what?"

"How about going out?"

"With you?"

"With me."

"Hmmm, that might be workable."

"Pizza and a movie? I’ll even go see a mushy chick flick."

"Do you really think pizza is a good idea James?"

"We can get half with anchovies, half with mushrooms. What do you say?"

"I say… okay. On one condition. We get separate pizzas. I don’t want your gross fish stinking up my pizza. Deal?"

"Deal. Pick you up, say, now?"

"You’re on."



© Copyright 2006 Jessikah (eden_aurora at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1159541-Anchovies-And-Mushrooms