*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1159604-Southwest-Winds
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Sky
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1159604
When it's Time To Move On...
Southwest winds.............

It was quiet and the air was still as he walks along the narrow path that runs near the River Bank.

The rope that once carried the children's laughter has been removed and the water that once traveled swiftly across the shallow rocks now moves slowly as its path has changed over time.

The grass, which has grown high along his way, now surrounds him and the once opened path that seemed so bright and showed his future, now closed in around him and only showed his past.

The mirrored world that he shared with her and once filled the waters and his soul were gone.

They were all gone.

As he stood there at the water's edge, a tear falling from his cheek, he looked across to the unknown and a warm breeze began to blow. It felt refreshing and new as it rushed across his face.

He once again heard the birds and watched the grass begin to sway in the Southwest Breeze.

Just beyond the other side, just out of his reach, the grass began to open. Was it a sign that it's time to cross over? Was it a sign to move on? Or was it merely just the wind?

All he did know for sure was that moment. A moment, that for the first time since he felt the weight of that small rock and tossed it into their mirrored world, a part of his soul had been re-opened and he dared to dream.

For that moment he closed his eyes. He no longer felt alone. He no longer felt closed.

He felt the Southwest Winds.
© Copyright 2006 Sky (dgillett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1159604-Southwest-Winds