*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1160531-the-accident
by jlb44
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Tragedy · #1160531
i cant think of a way to have him black out. please review this and leave any ideas
The blue Neon slammed on its brakes when the truck driver ran the red light at the icy intersection. The sound of crunching metal was a sound Aiden would never forget.

It started out like a normal night. Aiden, a 20 year old college student had come home to the 3 bedroom apartment he shared with Tommy, Kyle and Kyle’s girlfriend Christy. He got a call from one of his friends asking him to pick him up from a party. This happened nearly every weekend considering Aiden although he went to parties from time to time, he very rarely drank. It just wasn’t his thing. While his friends got drunk at least every weekend and occasionally on thirsty Thursday they’d go out as well. After picking up his friend, he began to head home. The roads were slippery so he was driving slowly.

“Man that party was GRRREAT!” Tommy shouted into Aiden’s ear.

“Dude, chill out! I can hear you just fine, no need to yell,” Aiden said patiently back at his wasted friend.

They were only one intersection away from their apartment, then he’d have to drag Tommy up the stairs and practically tuck him into bed.

“Ya know man I’m kinda tired of playin’ mommy for you,” Aiden muttered, knowing fully well that Tommy couldn’t hear him.

The light was green so Aiden continued into the intersection. Before he knew what was happening he saw a semi barreling towards them. Realizing what was going on, Aiden slammed on the brakes and spun the wheel, but it was too late. The road was too icy. The car turned sideways and the passenger side smashed into the truck.
© Copyright 2006 jlb44 (jlb44 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1160531-the-accident