*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1161296-The-boy-who-didnt-want-to-sleep
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1161296
A story to go to bed
Everyone was ready to go to bed. Tito, the youngest one, couldn't sleep.
"Mom, I need some water," said Tito.
"Here's your water Tito, sweet dreams," replied Mom.
"Mom, what's that noise?" said Tito.
"Tito, that's the neighbor's dog. Please go to sleep, it’s getting late and tomorrow you don’t want to wake up for school, I still have work to do and I want to get some rest. Please Tito, please”
Mom was getting a little annoyed by Tito, she had been working all day and still had to do the laundry and cook for the next day. When Tito saw her face he asked with a soft voice "Mom, Is it difficult to be a parent?"
"Definitely, parents always want the best for their kids, but sometimes kids don’t understand this, and they think we just want to bother them," replied Mom.
"You know Mom, I can see the future," said Tito
"And what can you see?" replied Mom.
"I see that tomorrow I will do the most beautiful handwriting of all," Tito assured.
"I love you so much, and you make me so happy," Mom said kissing him on his forehead. "Get in bed and I will tell you a story”
Tito got in bed, he covered himself with the blanket and got ready to sleep. Mom lay next to him and while tapping his tummy she said:
There was a little boy who couldn’t sleep at all, his mother didn’t know what to do, she was afraid he might get sick. She gave him a tea, she told him all the stories she knew and the little boy couldn’t sleep. It was a long night, the boy was awaken and the mother with him. They prayed, they watched TV, they told stories but the little boy couldn’t sleep. The next day he had to go to school and his mother had to go to work, she fell asleep in the subway, she fell asleep at her job, but the boy didn’t sleep at all.
That night his mother thought things would be better, but not at all. The boy couldn’t sleep that night, neither the next one, nor the one after. No one knew what could be done. One night, the little boy was reading a book, and his mother had a great idea. She said, “hey little boy, you are not allowed to sleep at all. You have to be awake because your father forgot his key and when I fall asleep I don’t hear the door bell, so don’t go to sleep and open the door when he comes.” Mom went to sleep, and sooner than she thought the little boy was asleep too. “I should’ve thought about this before,” she said. One thing he isn’t allowed to do, one thing he does for sure.
Before Mom finished, Tito was already asleep. Mom sighted. “Being your mother is the best thing in my life”

© Copyright 2006 just for fun (maricha17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1161296-The-boy-who-didnt-want-to-sleep