*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1162133-lovesong
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1162133
a short story of how a young girl looses one love and turns to another.. music
"Come on Ingrid." sighed Imogene from the otherside of the bedroom door.
"I know your upset about Caleb, but you are going to have to come out sooner or later. You haven't left your room since we got back! im getting really worried its been three months now. Just come out please?"
There was the sound of movement from the other side of the door, then the sound of somebody unlocking the door.

"Thank heavens" Sighed Imogene to herself. The door opened and Imogenes tear satined twin looked at her.
"Ok Immy, your right sulking in my room isn't going to bring him back, what do you have in mind?"
"Well what did you enjoy doing before all of this happened?"
"Singing."
"Well ive got in contact with the boys and they are more than happy to perform at the George whenever you want, theyv'e thrown some music together but they need their singer and her brilliant lyrics." Imogene smiled as she put her arm around Ingrid.
"I have been working on a song, do you think you could get them to come over?" asked ingrid.
"Of course, anything for you sis."

A week later Imogene and Nick were sat in the George and Dragon, the pub Ingrid used to work and sing before the whole nasty business happened with Caleb.

The three of them had previously travelled to the dark realm to confront Stallios the shadow master, unfortunatly their victory had cost them Calebs life and with that Ingrid's faith in anything. Now Ingrid was back up on the stage with her band mates doing what she loved so dearly, singing.

Ingrid looked nervously at the audience, then at Jack her lead guitarist, who nodded at her. The music began, she nervously swallowed then sang.

The music, the lyrics seemed to make the pub stop. the words were not just words but the last words of love from Ingrid. Tears poured down her face as she sang, there wasn't a single dry eye in the pub.

A dark figure walked through the door. Nobody noticed.

Ingrid was looking at the floor whilst she sung:

"The raindrops from the skys
Are reflected in my eyes
As i cry for you,
My tears of diamonds.
And no matter where you stray
you'll be with me everyday,
As i stand here
With my tears of diamonds."

The figure walked across the room and stood behind Imogene.

"I'll be waiting here for you
Because I know our love was true,
Yet im standing here alone.
Just waiting for you to come home
Is it such a crime,
to want to see you one more time?
As I cry for you,
My tears of diamonds."

Everybody was speechless as the song ended. Imogene turned around and looked into the shadowy figure's eyes.
"You!.."
"Ssh!" He smiled then walked up to the stage.

Ingrid put the micrphone back and went to get off the stage, she looked up
"Excuse me could... Caleb?!" She threw her arms around him.
"Where? how? What are you doing here I thought...?"
"It doesn't matter, im here now"
"But i saw you, Stallios, he, he killed you! I saw it!"
"Ssh it doesnt matter i'll explain to you later" He drew her close to him, as she wept with happiness.
"I missed you so much"
"I did too, Ingrid." She looked into his eyes. He smiled and said:

"I Love you."
© Copyright 2006 Titchitigga (tigga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1162133-lovesong