*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1162790-When-Hell-Got-Cold-chp-1-5
by Beet
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1162790
Here's my entry in one of the writing contests here in the Philippines.
Prologue
It was a very long time when the evil Devil Horse King caught The Seer. I can still remember that the people were so desperate to save the oracle of the Jijon universe. Because of the great power of the evil king, many had sacrificed their lives. But the ones who died are sure to be happy when the Horse King was banished from Halla.
It’s been a while when the Horse Lord has fallen. The great warriors who raised their swords, fought the Horse King and restored the peace in Halla had unsheathed their swords again to fight the all-powerful lord of Horse.
Let’s not forget the invasions of the most powerful animal kings, yet. Almost all human inhabitants of Horse Planet have fallen because of the Devil Monkey King’s incarnations and the Devil Snake King’s powerful poison that killed a lot of people.
The damages they made will wither away and will be forgotten by everyone eventually. The flesh of the ones who died will nourish the soil and make a new life. The wounds that were made will be just a scar of the past eventually.
But chaos has never ended. The people have never learned. Instead, they adapted the way of the devil.
After the champions had defeated the common enemy, they started to settle their differences. Sect lords had waged war on against the other on both Halla and Horse. They are thirsty for power. They want to have it all. Even those who are innocent were killed. The heaven they all know became hell at this time.
It’s a survival of the fittest: one killing the other. Along with this bloodlust is an abundance of evil deeds. The things that are happening are the things unimagined by the elders.
The gods are so greedy. They never did anything to stop the slaughter. Instead, they’re helping those who have given them the greatest offering.
Though these things are happening, there are still people who want to change the world to what it must be. They have neutralized the situation. They have collected all their resources to offer to the gods. They know that though they lost everything, with the gods, they can end the war. So at last, the war has ended.
Only these people don’t know is the evil is already rising from the grave, to make the people suffer again.




Chapter 1
“Let’s go now, Constance. We must leave already. You know Sir Ricky. He might hit me in the head if we arrive late.”
“Yes, father.”
We are going to the Fortress at the Horse Planet. My father will visit sect lord Kelly.
I am Constance, daughter of Beethoven. I am father’s assistant when we go to other planets to sell items. When stocks are not yet available, we are hunting monsters in the field. It’s so much fun when I’m hunting with father.
He’s a great warrior of Horse before. Sir Ashley, one of his loyal friends and one of my godfathers, told me that my father puts himself in the front line though he knows that the enemy is more powerful than him. But because of his strategies and their teamwork, though Sect Azkaro doesn’t have enough power to conquer the fortress, the impossible came true.
When they have conquered the fortress, they have experienced a lot of siege against them. But they have won without losing any units.
Then the day arrived when father met mother. He was so shy he’s quivering when he introduced himself. Then eventually they are going outside together frequently. Then after some time they realized that they already love each other. Then they decided to get married. I was just wondering why it is so fast for them to marry each other. Nah! Never mind.
After some time, they had a baby. It was I! Father told me that I was named Constance for me not to get lost as I I’m walking on a very long and strange road called life. They are very happy to have me, my father said.
But the happiness ended when a dreadful thing happened in the fortress.
Another siege occurred in the fortress. The bad thing is two sects have made an alliance to end the reign of Azkaro in Horse. The whole sect is not prepared for the battle. My father again had become the front-liner. But he’s not alone: mother is with him.
He, together with mother and the rest of the powerful seniors of Azkaro had slaughtered almost three-fourths of the enemy. But mother was stabbed by one of the enemies. Father became so furious and killed the rest of the enemies all by himself.
After the incident, he left the fortress and became a merchant. Though not fighting anymore, he’s helping the sect by giving some information about some sect groups that he knows and had a trade with him.
There are times that we encounter some mercenaries sent by some sect groups. But father easily wipes them out. He told me that it’s not for the sect, but for me.
At last we’re already here at the port. We must buy some tickets first.
“The ship is not yet here, Beethoven. You can come back after ten minutes.” Ma Sang said.
Everyone in Halla knows my father. He sells everything the vendors in Halla needs. We have everything they need.
“Maybe we should visit Nan Ta for a while, Constance.” father said.
We walked towards Halla village. People who saw us are greeting us a good morning. We don’t have any enemies here in Halla. If we can walk safely here in Halla, the same goes in Horse. If anyone does us any harm in Horse, I can’t imagine what will happen to that person.
I can see Nan Ta’s shop from afar. I can also see Joo Ra and Pan Da.
“Well, if it isn’t Beethoven. What brings you here? Is there anything you need?” Nan Ta happily asked.
“Actually I just came here to kill some time. We’re waiting for the ship to arrive.” father replied. “So, do you have something new there?”
“Well, I have made new tools here. I know you will be very interested when I tell it to you.”
“So what’s that new tool that you’ve made?” father asked.
“Of course you know that you can’t use a Dragon Sword without having the Holy Dragon’s blessing. Because of this, you cannot also use a Rupture Fan, because it is made out of the Dragon Sword’s powerful soul.”
“Yeah, but what’s new?”
“I have discovered that out of the soul imbued at the Master Sword, we can create a fan out of it!”
“Really? Then that’s good news!”
“Yes, it is! But I have to remind you that it’s not as powerful as a Rupture Fan. But you can practice using a fan with my new invention. The good thing is you might be the first one to use it, only if you accept my deal.”
“So what do you want in exchange of your new weapon?”
“Because I used a Master Sword and three red balls to create that one, I need the same items together with some gold. Is that a deal for you?”
“Of course that’s a deal!”
Father removed the sheath of his Master Sword and gave it to Nan Ta. He also got some red balls and some gold from our bag.
“Thank you, old friend.” said Nan Ta. “Oh, have you ever heard?”
“Heard of what?” father asked.
“The Seer and The Smith are missing, and they cannot be found anywhere.”
“Maybe The Seer only meditated somewhere and The Smith only went to somewhere to research more on weapons and armors. They’re so busy, you know? I haven’t seen them yet, though, but I know about their great deeds.”
“Rumor has it that the Devil Sheep King has risen from his frozen throne and enslaved The Seer and The Smith. If it is true, we are in very big trouble!” Nan Ta exclaimed.
The Halla Planet is very close to Sheep Planet. Because of this, our planet is in great peril. Our planet will be the first one to be attacked by the Devil Sheep King.
“Don’t worry, my old friend,” my father had said. ”I’ll tell Lord Kelly about it. He might know what to do.”
After that we left. The ship is already here. I hope I won’t see any more red flying heads at the ship.



Chapter 2
“But Beethoven, they’re too many for us. We can’t win if you’ll not include me!” Mary exclaimed.
“Mary, how many times that I have to tell you that you can’t join us in the battle? It’s only a week since you gave birth. Your wounds are still tender. You might get killed!” I shouted.
I can remember this day clearly. She’s forcing me to include her in the battle. I can’t let her join us because her wounds are still tender that time. She might die when her wounds will open.
I can still remember the day when we met. She’s just a new recruit to Azkaro then. She’s so beautiful. She’s so conservative and very shy at first. She’s very trustworthy and though not very affectionate, you can notice that she really cares about you. She’s the one every men wants.
At first, I thought she’s not so friendly.
“Come on, Beethoven! Let’s introduce our self to our new member,” my friend Ashley said.
“No way, man! I think she’s not that friendly. We might find an enemy rather than a friend,” said I.
“We will not know if we won’t try.”
“Your wife might get angry if she will know about it!”
“Nah! Forget about her! I’m doing this for you so she will understand.”
“But I don’t need women! I can live alone.”
“Oh, shut up! No man can live without women. They were made to be our partners. Every success of a man is because of a woman.”
“…But his downfall is also because of a woman.”
“Enough of this nonsense! Let’s approach her now!”
Then someone held our heads.
“Hey! What are you two doing here? Checking out the new chick in Azkaro?” a familiar voice asked.
“Yeah, Ricky. I’m helping our friend here, Beethoven; to introduce him to the new girl here in our sect. I heard her name is Mary.” Ashley answered.
Then Ricky looked at me.
“So our kid here wants to have a girlfriend, eh?”
“It’s Ashley’s idea. Actually I don’t want to. But he’s forcing me to do so!” I said.
“So our baby here in the sect wants to have his girlfriend then? I thought because you don’t like women much, you prefer women! Ha-ha!” Ricky laughed.
“Oh yeah? Maybe it’s already time for me to have a girlfriend, not like the others I know that is though older than me, he never had any girlfriend at all!” I shouted then ran.
“When I catch you I’ll kick you in the butt, you little…!”
Then she looked at us. Oh, my…! What am I going to do?
What the…! She’s approaching us! What am I going to do?
“I can see that you’re looking at me. May I know what the matter is?” she asked in a very soft voice.
“No, nothing, really. Just having some fun with Sir Ricky.” I answered.
“Actually,” Ashley suddenly cut in. “our friend Beethoven here wants to introduce himself to you. He’s the one of the seniors here in Azkaro. You can see that he’s too young to be a senior. But believe me, he’s a true senior. He’s very kind too!”
Ricky held patted me on the shoulder and whispered, “Now it’s your turn. Do what you must do.”
I got near to her and said, “I am Sir Beethoven. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Not knowingly that I held her hand and knelt in front of her. I don’t know what to do so I kissed her hand then I stood up.
“It’s a pleasure to meet you three,” Mary said, “especially you, Beethoven. See you later!” then she left.
“Wow, Beethoven! I thought you never courted a girl before. But as I saw lately, you’re like a pro!” Ricky said.
“I think she likes you, bro!” Ashley said.
“Actually I’m not aware of what happened.” I said.
Then it became the start of a good relationship. We go out together then talk about ourselves. Then I realized that I already love her. So I tried my luck. I was lucky enough because she never rejected. After that we became married. Not very long, she became pregnant and gave birth. It’s a girl. I named her Constance because I believe that she can achieve whatever her dream is if she will choose the right path and becomes consistent.
A week after my wife gave birth, threatening news arrived.
Two sect groups will unite to make our sect fall and they are already moving towards our fortress. It will only take one hour for them to reach our place.
We don’t know what to do. We are unprepared to fight the enemy.
My wife Mary is forcing me to include her to the army. I told her she couldn’t because she might die. Before I left her inside the room, I saw her crying. I can’t let her join us. I’d rather lose in the battle than to lose her and our child.
The enemy has arrived. They’re too many for us. But with the kind of power we seniors have, maybe we can finish this battle without losing any units.
The battle has started. We seniors are the front-liners. We have made the battle even. We have killed one-fourth of the enemy without losing any units.
We have trimmed down the number of the enemy by three-fourths. We have lost some of our units. Though very depressing, we must accept it because it’s a part of a battle.
Thousand roaches! The leaders saw me! They’re approaching me. Now I’m dead meat.
Their sect lords are very powerful! I almost can’t hold on and fight them.
I can hold the battle for a while. But if it takes very long to send me some reinforcements, I’ll die. The lords are very powerful.
I can’t hold on much longer! The lords are very furious. I need backup.
I was hit in the right arm. Blood is spilling on the ground. I tried to stand up, but I fell. I think it’s already the end for me.
I can see that someone is already running towards me, raising his sword and ready to stab me.
But someone shielded me and was stabbed by the sword. I can recognize the perfume… I can recognize the face… it was… my wife.
“I think this is already the end for me, Beethoven. I already see white-feathered birds calling me…”
“No way, Mary! You will not go with them. Do not listen to them. They’re bad. That’s an order!” I cried.
“Please take care of our daughter. I must leave now…”
“No…!”
Then suddenly I heard a familiar voice…
“Father! Father! Wake up! We’re under attack!”
I was frightened by that voice. It’s just a dream.
What am I doing here? I must help Constance and the other passengers to wipe out the Pirate Skulls!
At last we are already here at the Horse Planet port. We must rush to the fortress.



Chapter 3
It was a long trip to go here. We’re late again. What will Ricky say to me again?
I always go at the fortress to visit Lord Kelly and my other friends.
Horse Planet is the place where Lord Kelly lived all his life. He trained himself here in this place that seems like there’s no sunlight. When I was still a warrior of Azkaro, I went to very dangerous places such as Snake Planet though I know that I can’t survive in a place like that. Then Lord Kelly told me that he reached that he never went to any planets aside from Halla and Horse. I was surprised to know that he never went to any planet then he reached that kind of power. He’s so remarkable. So I decided to become his loyal disciple and follow his every footstep.
This place brings back happy memories. It also brings back sad ones. I don’t want to remember it anymore.
We’re already in front of the fortress.
As I expected, Ricky is standing in front waiting for my arrival, to welcome, and to scold us.
“Beethoven! You’re late again?” Ricky shouted. “How many times that I have to tell you…”
“…That I and my daughter should come in time.” I suddenly cut in. “It’s not an excuse to come late because we are still young.”
Ricky was surprised and even raised an eyebrow.
“Father already knows what you’re going to say, Sir Ricky. You don’t have to tell that to him again and again. He told me that you already said that to him for a hundred times.” Constance said.
“Oh really? Your father told that to you?” Ricky said. He’s looking towards me again. “Enough of this. Let’s go to the throne room.”
Yeah, it’s better to go to the throne room immediately rather than hearing Ricky’s sermons. He thinks that I’m still the little kid he knew before. “Duh!” I’m already a father of a child!
The large door to the throne room is slowly opening. I can already see Lord Kelly from afar.
We walked towards the throne where Lord Kelly is sitting. I feel I’m a king while I’m walking on a red carpet.
I knelt down in front of Lord Kelly. Though I’m not a warrior anymore, I still respect him. He’s a good example of a great leader. While I knelt down, he smiled at me.
“You may now leave, Ricky.” Lord Kelly said.
“As you wish, milord.” Ricky answered.
Lord Kelly looked at Constance, smiled and said, “Constance, you may join your uncle Ricky. You two can eat at the dining room. Tell everything you want to eat to the cook. She will take care of everything.”
“Thanks, Uncle Kelly!” Constance answered. Then the two left.
“Beethoven, do you have something to report?” Lord Kelly asked.
“Milord, I have discovered that The Seer and The Smith are missing.” I answered.
“I’ve already heard about it. But I don’t have enough details.”
“Milord, actually, what information I have is only a rumor from the people of Halla.”
“From Nan Ta again, isn’t it? That man… he always hears many rumors because people always go to his shop to repair their arms. So what does he told to you?”
“He told me that there are rumors that the Devil Sheep King is the one who captured the two. If it is true, we are in great trouble.”
“Then we must do something. Though it is a mere rumor, we must confirm if it’s true or not. There are also rumors that there’s a break at the Sa Chun valley in Halla. Scholars here in the fortress are stating that the break at the valley is because of the Sheep Planet is merging with Halla. The hidden ley lines have been opened. There’s also some news that some bodies of land in Cloud Gorge are missing.”
“Then what other things I must do for you, milord?”
“Gather more information. While you’re trading on other planets, try to gather more information. It may help us solve the problem.”
“As you wish, milord.” I answered.
Lord Kelly moves toward to the window and said, “Let us change the topic.
“I can see that Constance grew a lot, haven’t you noticed?”
“Yes, milord. I also noticed that. She grows really fast. I can’t even believe that she’s already a grown-up.”
“Same here. She looks like her mother.”
I don’t want to hear about it! Please, don’t make me recall of what happened.
Lord Kelly noticed that the expression in my face changed.
“You can’t still forgive yourself? Just as I expected…” Lord Kelly said.
“I dreamt about her lately.”
“Why can’t you forgive yourself of what happened? Don’t you know that your despair is eating everything in your personality? If you don’t do anything about it immediately, it may take you to your death!” Lord Kelly shouted.
“I don’t care if I’ll die! I deserve to die! I’m the reason of her death.”
“What will happen to Constance if you’ll die? What will be her future if you’ll die? You know, its Mary’s own will why she sacrificed her life for you. She protected you because she can’t live a life without you. And now that you dream about her, she realized that she’s wrong. She never thought before that you will feel remorse if she’ll die. She thinks that you can survive without her. Now, what are you doing? Wasting your life only because she’s dead?” Lord Kelly shouted.
“I don’t care about everything you’ve said. You don’t know how it feels to be the reason of the death of your loved one. You don’t know how it feels to be the bearer of a curse. You don’t know how it feels to be in love because you never loved anyone!” I shouted.
“Well, I guess I can’t change your mind. Well, then… just don’t forget what I told you to do. You may now leave.” Lord Kelly said.
“I will leave now, milord.” I answered.
As I walk towards the huge door, I saw Ashley standing by the exit.
He came near me and whispered, “Had an argument with Lord Kelly again?”
“He’s only concerned about my family. We can’t do anything about it.” I answered.
Then I left. I’m not fighting with our sect lord. It’s just an ordinary debate between a sect member and a sect lord. It’s normal between the seniors and our sect lord. Anyway, members here in our sect are treated equally, only the other members are too shy to talk to our sect lord.
I went to the dining room to fetch Constance. We must go now. We have so many things to do.
After I fetched Constance, it’s time for us to leave. While we are moving out of the fortress, a cloaked man approached us. I can’t see his face well, but I’m sure he’s an old man.
“Are you contented with the life you have now?” he asked.
“Of course, I’m very contented. I can’t ask for more.” I answered.
“But your heart is not telling the same thing. You must do what you must do to fulfill your destiny! You must do what you must do to survive!” he said.
“Who are you? You have no right to tell me what I must do!” I answered.
“You can’t even forgive yourself for the death of someone. When will you forgive yourself? It’s not your fault!”
“Who are you? How did you know that?”
“Nothing, I’m just an old man wandering…”



Chapter 4
That old man really gave me the creeps. Even father doesn’t know who he is. It seems like he knows everything. I can sense it that he has great wisdom. Only great people can see what you think by merely looking at you. Father looked at me. I think he noticed that I’m very anxious about the old man.
“Don’t worry about him, Constance.” Father said. “He’ll never do any harm. If he will, then he’s finished. I’ll protect you.”
“I can feel he possess great wisdom. What do you think, father?”
“I’m not sure. But one thing is certain: he will not do any harm.”
Father is right. I think he can never do any harm. Maybe I’m just too anxious about the mystery behind that man’s personality.
We will start selling items later. We’ll go to mother’s tomb first.
We went to the graveyard near the fortress. We visited mother. I’m quivering. There are so many tombs here. So creepy…
We saw mother’s tomb near the graveyard walls to the left. We walked towards it and stood up. I looked at father and I can see sadness in his face again.
After visiting mother, we continued our business here in Horse. I assisted father whenever he goes to other planets to sell items. Then after a hard day’s work, father would treat me to a restaurant. It is so much fun.
We already finished trading and selling items here in Horse, after a tiresome day. We must return to Halla now.
We bought our ticket and went to the ship. My father and I sat down in front. Then father looked at me.
“Constance, do you like to go to Rainbow Planet tomorrow to unwind?” he asked.
“Of course, father! I love going to Rainbow.” I happily answered.
“Well, then. We’ll go to Rainbow planet tomorrow.”
I’m so excited! I want to return to Rainbow Planet again! It’s been a while when I last stepped on the beautiful lands of Rainbow Planet.
We arrived in Halla earlier than I expected, maybe because the red headed freaks didn’t show up. I’ll sleep early tonight.



Chapter 5
Today is the day we will go to Rainbow Planet. I think Constance is so happy because it’s been a very long time when she last went to that place. Whenever I upgrade her armors, I leave her either in our house, in the fortress of in any of my friend’s houses, depending on the situation. I bet she’s very happy: so happy, she woke up earlier than me!
What the heck! What I thought is right! She woke up earlier than me.
“Good morning, father! I have prepared everything for our trip.” Constance said.
“So, you’re so ecstatic you have finished everything, eh? That’s good.” I answered.
“Then let’s go now, father!”
“Yeah, yeah, whatever!”
The way to the Rainbow Planet can be found here in Halla. You can’t find any other alternate access to the planet. But first, you must have the red paper… what do you call that paper with red ink? I forgot the name. Ah, yes! I remember. You need a return charm to go to rainbow planet.
While standing on the portal, you must hold the return charm. Then the gateway to Rainbow Planet will open. After a while, you’re already at Rainbow Planet.
“You’re too slow, father! Come on!” Constance shouted while running towards the village.
While she’s running, she greets every villager she sees. We saw Joo Ra, Pan Da, even the units of Black Police. My daughter is very friendly, like me!
It’s really great to have a good daughter like her. She’s a very lively child. I know that every child is like that, but she’s different. She already knows when she will laugh and be serious. I can’t ask for more.
She ran and ran then climbed the stairs to the portal. But guess what? She can’t use the portal! She doesn’t have any return charm. Then I laughed at her.
“See? You can’t go to Rainbow Planet without any return charm.” I said.
“I know that, father. I just felt like running.” she answered.
“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Now hold this thing.” I said while I’m giving her a return charm.
After I gave her a return charm, we both stepped into the portal. The gateway to Rainbow Planet opened. Then we were teleported to Rainbow Planet.
We arrived at Rainbow Planet in just a blink of an eye. My daughter was very happy.
We ate, hunted and made the Celestial Tree as our toy. We have collected a lot of Caim’s Eggs and Celestial Fruits. This is what we call playing and gaining.
It’s already dusk. We must return to Halla now. I still have work tomorrow.
When we have returned to Halla, an event surprised us.
Some strange creatures are attacking the village. Huge creatures with huge horns and has thick coat that seems like wool are attacking the villagers, destroying structures and obviously, destroying the peace in Halla. I must do something.
I gave a return charm to Constance and said, “Return to Rainbow immediately. I’ll fetch you when it is finished.”
“But father…?”
“I said return to Rainbow immediately! I’ll fetch you later.” I shouted.
And so she returned to Rainbow Planet. I don’t want her to be in trouble. I’m happy that she listened to me. Now for these hairy creatures…
I removed my Neo Master Fan from my back and started to fight the foul beings trying to destroy the village. Gee, they’re hard to kill. They’re so strong.
Now what do we have here? It’s my fellow sect members! They are not in the fortress when we went there yesterday because of a very important mission. I never thought of seeing them here. They are Job, Cap, Max and Andrea. They are very strong indeed. Don’t mess up with them or else…
We have wiped them out. No one can beat teamwork.
“Beethoven, are you alright?” Andrea asked.
“Of course I’m okay! I have the power of a hundred bears!” I replied.
Then Job hit me in the head.
“A thousand bears, eh? Then why that puny little herd of sheep gave you a hard time?” he asked.
“Hey wait a second. You mean those creatures are sheep?” I asked.
“Don’t tell me that you don’t know anything about them?” Max said.
I was surprised. “Then that means…”
“…we are doomed.” Cap suddenly cut in. “The Devil Sheep King is soon to rise from the frozen throne.”
“You already know about it? How come Lord Kelly doesn’t know much about it?” I asked.
“Because we didn’t tell it to him for it is just a rumor.” Job replied.
“We investigated at the Cloud Gorge. It is true that some bodies of land there are missing. It is because the Sheep Planet is binding with Halla.” Max said.
“Hidden ley lines have been opened in the Cloud Gorge area, that’s why some bodies of land are missing. We assume that the opening will be completed after two weeks.” Andrea elaborated.
“Before we went here at the village, we have fought some sheep creatures at the gorge.” Cap said. “I can say that they are powerful. An ordinary warrior can’t stand a chance.”
“So we want to ask you to return to the fortress and be a warrior again. We need a very good strategist. So, will you join us again?” Andrea asked.
I replied, “No, I won’t.”
© Copyright 2006 Beet (beethoven21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1162790-When-Hell-Got-Cold-chp-1-5