*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1163074-A-letter-for-Gabby
Rated: E · Fiction · Emotional · #1163074
This is meant to be a prologue for a book idea that I had.
My Dearest Gabriella,
Happy Birthday my darling. This day should be a time of great happiness and I wish I could be there to witness your coming of age, your emergence into adulthood. But if you're reading this, then that is an impossibility.
I smile when I wonder if you'll inherit your father's grace or my clumsiness. Whether your hair will remain jet black contrasting with your mysterious green eyes, or if your hair will fade with age and you'll be fair like your aunties. You're a beauty, with a wide aray of possiblities.
You, darling, are my greatest gift, my wonderful miracle - as I'm sure your father has told you many times. Your father and I wanted a daughter so very badly, I cried for days when I found that we had been blessed with you. Your birth was exceptional, and your father and I knew we'd never been happier than that very moment when we heard your first cries.
A life is so precious, a brief day in the span of many, and yet so much can occur in one's lifetime. Every mother hopes that her daughter will live a better life than she, that her daughter will learn from her mother's mistakes and more beyond them. It breaks my heart that you will grow up without my knowledge.
There is so much that I wish to share with you that I don't know where to start... And so I suppose that I shall start at the beginning...
© Copyright 2006 T.M. Raney (tiamaria at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1163074-A-letter-for-Gabby