*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1163766-Who-is-my-Hero
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Emotional · #1163766
What I think
My favorite African American is Maya Angelou. Maya Angelou is my favorite hero because she understands what I go through. Maya Angelou opened up my eyes. I used to think that I could never be happy again.
My father died when I was 4 years old. His heart stopped working because he had heart-disease. I have heart-disease and sickle-cell disease. I know that any day I could die but I want to die knowing that I did my best. I do my best in school. I love school because I have the chance to make something of myself that other people don’t have the chance to do.
Maya Angelou opened up my eyes in so many ways. Helped me to get pass the pain emotionally and physically. When I’m hurting, I take out my The Complete Collected Poems of Maya Angelou and read. After I read the poem that was just like my problem I saw that she went through the same things and got over it. So I could too. I love the poem that she wrote called “In a Time.” I think about all of the little times that I did have with my father that was so special. I miss him but I know that I have to move on and make him proud. I have to become the person that God wants me to be too.
The poem “In a Time” is what keeps me going, thinking, and believing that I could make a difference in my life if I try. It makes me believe that I can be loved too.
If I had to pick a true friend I would pick Maya Angelou because she feels what I feel and she still didn’t give up. She helps me to understand that I should be happy and cherish happiness because sad things will happen in my life too. She showed me when she came out of her sadness that God won’t put anything on you that you couldn’t handle.
I want to be a lawyer when I grow up. I want to help other people like how Maya Angelou helped me. I want to help the people who will need me most in the future. I only want to be an Angel of God like how Maya Angelou was to me.


I am new at this. If you see that I'm doing something wrong. Please don't be scared to e-mail me. I really need the help.
© Copyright 2006 Cassaundra (cassaundra at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1163766-Who-is-my-Hero