*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1163830-yard-men-activity
by russ
Rated: E · Short Story · Activity · #1163830
when life takes you there don't forget to duck & cover
as the morning(i am up at 8am) progressed i realised that the lawn service people were late again. hence 11'ish comes to pass & they arrive. out of my bed i jump, off with the flip flops, into the bathroom to brush my teeth i go. 2 minutes, that is all i take to polish the pearlies-then my thoughts turn sour? why did my yard man promise 9am-in no uncertian terms? a commitment to be on time.
after flip flops off & teeth done, next was the rush to dress. this was in an effort to catch the late yard service people before they began work. dressing accomplished-another activity became more pressing.
my regular morning activities were disrupted. this is most discomforting, but failing to be fully dressed yet, the yard man began his appointed activities.
feeling truly satisfied that the yard service was being done & yet feeling somewhat dissapointed with the yard service people at the same time, is a controversy at best.
all feelings aside, teeth cleaned and fully garbed now, i wandered outside. in the yard was a flurry of activity. men with power mowers, men with tools i've never ever used before were chopping-cutting & blowing. the activity was enormous. they all were so busy they hardly noticed me. thinking this was no place for a person to be, i slunk back in to the security of my house. wondering why was there any reason for me to be outside checking on the yard men and their activity?


© Copyright 2006 russ (russduryea at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1163830-yard-men-activity