*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1164429-The-Dark-Alley
by Bender
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Thriller/Suspense · #1164429
a man walks down the wrong alley at night...
I always hated walking through a dark alley at night. All those stories about people getting mugged, assaulted, or even murdered. The alley was dark enough that you could be mugged before you even realized you were being followed…and tonight was my night. A hand touched my shoulder and I stopped walking. The hand pulled back on my shoulder making me turn around to face two men. They both looked to be in their mid-twenties with tattered clothing and years of bad hygiene. The one that had grabbed me let go and held up a knife.
“Alright buddy,” the knife man spoke, exposing a mouth of rotting teeth. “Just give us your money and this won’t have to get messy.”
“I’m sorry,” I spoke in my defense, “I really don’t have much on me.”
Sensing my hesitation, the man decided to do it the easy way and connected his fist with my stomach. I dropped to my knees, holding my stomach and gasping for air. The man with the knife took my wallet and the two began going through it. At this point I was sure they were going to kill me, since they hadn’t left yet. I was trying to think something, but I had no idea what to do. Then something out of the corner of my eye caught my attention. It was a long, thin, sharp piece of glass. Still on my knees, I reached out and picked up the glass. Both of the men were facing away from me at this point, so I held the glass up to the knife man’s Achilles tendon and used all of my strength to slice it. I could hear the tendon tear, followed by the knife man falling to the ground and dropping the knife. The other man stared in disbelief as I, without hesitating, picked up the knife and stuck it in his chest. Not satisfied with this I pulled the knife out and brought it back to his chest. I repeated this several times, until it became more than obvious that he was dead. I turned my attention then to the first man, who was still were he landed. I raised the knife and was about to seal his fate, when I was interrupted by someone yelling stop. I turned my head and there was a police officer standing a few yards away. I felt a rush of relief as I started walking towards him. Perhaps if I had not still been holding the knife he wouldn’t have opened fire on me. The officer fired three shots, but I was already dead by the second one.
© Copyright 2006 Bender (bender at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1164429-The-Dark-Alley