*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1164766-paradise
Rated: E · Prose · Fantasy · #1164766
a prose poem about paradise as i know it
life is a fickle thing to me. it's ever so gently changing constantly....with the warm breeze blowing dandelion kisses upon my face. everything inside of me giggles like a thousand little snow flakes dancing on that frozen river bend. the face of that lily constantly making my insides yearn. the sound of the wind in my ears reminds me of angels wings playing their harmonious tune.

and i wonder....is this what god keeps reminding me of? that this is as good as it gets?

i am in awe of those moments when the cool rush of the ocean takes my breath away. moments that cascade across my mind like a shooting star in the sky. the moon doesn't seem good enough compared to the fantasy of paradise that is etched inside of my fragile mind. hold that tiny ant in the palm of your petal...keep it from breaking into a thousand pieces. keep it from shattering this frail dusted road, we call paradise.

and i wonder is this what god intended it to be? is this as good as it gets?

trapped inside that text of life. embrased by that clock ticking away into the realm of sleep. posed by that thoughtful cloud hovering above that gravel trail. waiting for that eclipse of time....waiting for that door frame to cave in...and still have the hinges holding me in. warm me up with that blanket of love...the one that took my hand...and held it close to your heart. let that water lilly drift by me, and brush the hair from my eyes. take me in the palm of your life, hold that paradise tight, keep me in that breath of an ant, never to let me shatter...in this fragile, frail, moment of paradise.

this is as good as it gets....
© Copyright 2006 LillyPad (brokenglass9 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1164766-paradise