*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1165446-down-the-memory-lane
by inkpen
Rated: E · Other · Relationship · #1165446
reflections on the incidents of past that hold a permanent place in my heart
Time is running out. no pit stops. no leisure in life. busy to the core ,engrossed in work.....................................
this is the pitiable life of most of the dwellers of modern day. im no exception to it.
so travelling down the memory lane gave me an experience that changed my way of lookin at life.
It all began with a journey that went wrong in all possible ways it could.
i had to travell back home to finish a job and get back to my work place in a week's time. had to catch a train but some how could not get a reservation so had to travell in a general compartment.( for those who have not been to india, well a general compartment of an indian train is one in which anyone gets in anytime, anyone sits anywhere, its all jammed up , full of people of all cultures .......... in short it says welcome this is india)
well could not get a seat at first, add to it i am not used to travellin in such cramped atmosphere. it was some where arround 4 in the evening, it was hot very hot and the sun still shining. ghosh i hated having got on board that train. finally somehow pushing my way arround i reached for the door and found a place on the steps and sat down. It felt great wind blowing right across my body, me hanging on to the train goin at quiet a pace. i looked out at the open fields ,green growth all arround, a monkey jumping across trees...........
i was like loosing myself.

{hey hey just wait its too early in the day to get lost} suddenly my eyes fell on a fellow passenger who seemed to be searching for his shoes(which he obviously had removed to pull his legs up and squat on his seat). a moment passed then like a bulb flashing this idea came rushing to me that he is searching for his shoes implies he is going to get down. well modern day bread competitor arose in me and i again pushed my way through to reach him and pounced like a hungry tiger on to the seat as soon as he got up.
now the world seemed little more fair cos i had a seat. wow a seat in a general compartment of an indian train. i was subconsciously someway feeling proud when my thoughts were disturbed by a soft voice calling out "bhaiya thodi jagah de do na" (brother please give me some space) i truned arround and to my surprise found a ladyl holding a baby, roughly an year old, now she asking for some space to sit but the indifferent creature i had become was not ready to share the priced posession i had then. i didnt let her sit but the guy sitting right opposite to me did and now she was sitting there right infront of me.

i looked at her and then at the innocent looking infant in her hands. i realised how mean i had been in not letting her sit.................
then feeling guilty i looked out of the window and it then it struck me like a thunder bolt "when was the last time i thought of myself" thought of myself being mean or being saintly, when was the last time i let my inner feelings reach my head.
i felt sick . went home thinking what i had become. a robot.

nooooooooooo screamed my soul because having reached home i could see things of my past arround me. people i joked and mingled with for years, people i called friends. and when was the last time i called up one of them taking time off from work never. now i was feeling lost.lost in this myraid mystic mechanical world.

it hurt me more because growing up i was natures beloved son. spent hours in woods listening to sweet sounds of birds, smelling fresh flowers, ............
i decided its time for a change. a change that would take me backwards in time, that would rejouvinate the spirit that had died in me.

thats when i took leisure from life, toured all those places where i used to play as a child, those woods, spent time with friends laughing talking of past. read a few old books sitting under shade of a banyan tree.i started living rather than just existing.

well my friends if you have been patient enough to read my stuff then its my request to you ," PAUSE MY FRIEND. STOP FOR A SECOND AND THINK. THINK WHO WE ARE, WHAT ARE WE BECOMING. AM I THE PERSON WHO'S LIVING MY LIFE" and when you find answer to that then slow down a bit and take time off to look arround you ,look at life because life is truly in every sense beautiful.
"LIFE HAPPENS JUST ONCE. LIVE IT, DONT JUST LET IT PASS BY" i say that because if you let it pass by then you will never know where you began and where you are going to end.
© Copyright 2006 inkpen (kulwinder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1165446-down-the-memory-lane