*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1165833-So-this-is-Paris
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Teen · #1165833
Teen girl moves to Paris to help her mother become a fashion designer.
Sitting in the kitchen table, listening to your parents fight is never any fun. I rearranged the lasagna on my plate to look like I had eaten some. My twin younger sisters, Jessie and Kaylie, just decided to play with their food. Anything to drone out the sound of my parents argue.
"Joseph, Lisa Loe offered me a job in Paris to design clothes." Lisa Loe, my mother's boss here in Maryland had offered her a job in Paris. Paris, France! Yes, I would go. I would so totally live in France. But there was one problem. My father.
"Uh, Darshna, is that really such a good idea? I mean, here I have a great job with UC Tech and everything. And plus, in Paris they don't speak English..." My father pleaded. He did not want to step foot out of America.
My mother was angry. This was her dream! "Honey, please! I'm sure the girls would want to go and everything! It'll be like a big family vacation! Only it'll last...like, three years or so."
Three years, eh? The rest of my high school education in Paris. Sounded like a plan to me. You see, here in Maryland I'm popular. But, it's not any fun anymore. Same old, same old every weekend. Sure, I'd miss all my friends, but it would be so adventerous, which I so totally am not.
My parents argued for about two hours straight, until a verdict was reached.
"Monica! Jess! Kay! Come in here, please!" My mother called. My sisters and I walked into their bedroom.
Mom said it straight forward,"I'm moving to Paris for three years."
Jessie and Kaylie acted like they were surprised and hadn't heard any of it. But I didn't. I just stood there.
Dad then came in,"And I'm not."
"What?" I blurted out. Were they divorcing? Stupid job!
"Monica, sweetie, I can't leave UC Tech, but I understand how your mother feels about the job in Paris. I'm going to live there all summer long. So you three are going to have to bear with it and leave there without me."
So...we were moving to Paris! Only, my nine year old bratty sisters were going to be coming too.
Not even a week later, Mom, Jessie, Kaylie, and I were all on the long flight to Paris.
Once we arrived, we got a taxi to a small apartment-like building.
"This," My mother said,"Is our new home!"
I drug all of our things up the twenty-seven steps and into the apartment. I was thinking that when we would open the door, it'd be all blank and boring. But when I opened the door, the walls were orange and green. With furnitures. That's when Josie came out.
"Darshna!" She hugged my mother.
Josie leaned down to be at our height level,"I'm your Aunt Josie! Aw, isn't this going to be just so much fun! And what are you names!"
We told her our names and she squeled,"Aw, this is just the best! And I can see it now! Josephine & Darshna Bullock; the hippest clothes in Paris!"
I didn't understand this much, since my mother's name was Darshna Azure.
Josie showed me into this beautiful bedroom with dark maroon walls. There was a maroon comforter and maroon curtains. It was like my dream room!
"Wow," I said, trying not to sound too impressed,"Thanks, Josie."
I couldn't bring myself to call her Aunt. I didn't really know her that well. Plus, she had to be only in her late twenties.
After we ate all these weird soups at Josie's favorite restaurant The Clam we returned back to the apartment and retired to bed. So, this was Paris. It was still so surreal to me.
© Copyright 2006 Panda Maniaaaa! (pandamania at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1165833-So-this-is-Paris