*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1166184-Along-the-Shoreline
Rated: E · Short Story · Activity · #1166184
This is a Quik Write for my L.A. class.
Along the Shoreline
By Emma Loughran


As the sun’s rays sting my back and the waves crash beneath my feet, I look into the distance and run. My feet carry me as my footprints are left in the sand and sucked into the ocean by the warm, salty sea. I feel nothing but the cool ocean breeze at my back, pushing me ever so slightly to persuade me to keep running. I gaze into the sunlight and pick up my speed. Promenade is just out of grasp. It seems to be calling to me and I run farther.
Suddenly, I stop. The heat of the sand consumes me and I fall to the ground; the warm sand crushed by my back. The view of the sky is breathtaking. I close my eyes; get back up again. I being to run but I change my mind. I decide to walk along the shoreline. I’ll let the sun’s rays sting my back. I’ll let the waves crash beneath my feet. I’ll let the breeze push me ever so slightly back to where I came from. Back, to the beach.
© Copyright 2006 Jalisa Swartslen (hopelessauthor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1166184-Along-the-Shoreline