*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1166348-Memories
by pree
Rated: E · Other · Friendship · #1166348
A few special memories I shared with my best friend.
We sang along to the song that was blaring from my music system as we sat on my bed laughing and gulping down glasses of coke one after another as fast as we could. We got pretty hyper that day. I said it was because of all the coke. But you said it was just the way friends were supposed to act with each other.

Once we went to a graveyard at ten at night. It was a dare given to us by our friends. You acted like you weren’t scared but I knew you were. Just a little. As I clung to you and walked through that creepy place, looking for the grave our friends had told us to stand next to and take a picture, you kept glancing at me and smirking when you saw the look on my face. I hated you for that.

I remember the time we both stayed awake the whole night talking on the phone on a weekday. You used up 1000 bucks on your moms cell phone and the battery from my phone went from full to empty. We both got into so much trouble the next morning!

We had an argument once. It was about who should pay for lunch. I wanted to and so did you. You told me to save my money because I would need it for other things at the mall. I said I would manage without those other things. You told me I was wrong. You told me that when I saw something I liked I had to buy it! I got upset. You got upset with me for being upset. We didn’t talk for an hour.

Your friends saw us hanging out together one day. They teased you about me and told your whole school that we were dating. You didn’t care. We both knew the truth. We were just friends. When I asked you if the rumors bugged you at all, you winked at me and told me you didn’t really mind people thinking that I was your girlfriend. We both knew you were kidding. Even if everyone else didn’t.
One day you came over to my house because we were both bored. We sat in my room and stared at each other until I came up with something fun we could do. I pinched you till you sat down in front of my dressing table and let me put make up on you. You made a very cute girl!

Now, when I look back at all those memories, tears roll down my cheeks. However, I can’t decide whether they’re tears of happiness or tears of sadness. Happiness because I had you as a best friend for one and a half years? Or sadness because you’re not around anymore?

I miss you a lot, Jake. But if it weren’t for the memories I’d still be crying today. I feel so lucky to have had someone like you in my life for those one and a half years.

I hope you’re happy wherever you are. As happy as you were when you were here with us. You made a difference in all our lives and we’ll never forget you.


© Copyright 2006 pree (priyanka93 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1166348-Memories