*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1166644-My-last-Halloween
Rated: E · Short Story · Young Adult · #1166644
The girl is scared and says she'll never go toHalloween.
Last halloween was the worst of my life.I was scared out of my wits and it's all two guys fault.As me and my friend were walking home from practice we heard a loud cat like noise in the bushes. We looked over and didn't see anything weird.So we kept walking.As we got about 10 feet down the sidewalk we heard it again.This time we were a little scared.We started searching through the bushes and heard the cat sound farther down the line of bushes.We walked down there and checked , we saw nothing , we thought we were going crazy. Then as we reached my house Chad and Nick ,two guys in my eighth grade class, jumped out of the bushes. It scared me half to death not only was it getting dark but the had butcher knives.They warned us not to ever go Trick or Treating again. We were confused , but we were scared enough to listen . They said if they see us trick or treating that Halloween they'd hurt us. We said we wouldn't . We took our warning to heart and that Halloween we didn't go trick or treating. This halloween it's different. Our parents are making us take our little sisters trick or treating. We had a big dilemma on our hands. We'd get grounded if we didn't go then still have to go so we decided to play sick. I made it to were the thermometer read 101degrees. My mom started freaking out . I eventually told my mom because I didn't want a trip to the doctors office. She said it's ok but next time tell her the reason. Thats when she asked me why I didn't want to go. I was speechless. I didn't know if my story would make any sense. So I said I was just scared she said that it's alright but that I shouldn't be such a wimp. I told my friend what happened she said we'll just have to go. I said alright. On Halloween night we dressed up completely in black clothing. We said we would stay together just in case they found us. As we were walking through the town we heard the same cat sound we heard one year before. This time we didn't search through the bushes we just kept walking. We didn't hear it again till about halfway through the night. It was right behind us we turned around and about fell down. right in front of us was Chad and Nick! We started running but all they did was laugh. We were dumbfounded. These two animals had threatened our lifes now they were acting like it was a big joke. It turned out to be a big joke but not to us. That joke rode with us forever . We were never able to be normal during Halloween again. But thats just how it goes . How will your Halloween be?
© Copyright 2006 susie nook (agentfinkid2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1166644-My-last-Halloween