*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1167030-and-in-dreams-prolouge-section-II
by Aya
Rated: · Other · Fantasy · #1167030
section II of prolouge. Chapters 1 + 2 comming soon!
*previously part of part 1, now the first addition to part 2. * denotes new stuff!

Raelin O'Shiannon, Aislynn's mother, had been in the woods near her childhood home in Ireland, when her father, Slade, had found her. He had been sent to find her by his boss, Chinos, a greedy and power hungry man bent on gaining control over as many magick users as he could, in order to feed of their power and increase his own. Slade had been Chinos' best and most capable minion, as well as his second in command, had been entrusted with retrieving Raelin in order to gain leverage on her family and to force them to join him in his quest for magickal domination. What Chinos hadn't factored in to all of his careful planning was that the first time Slade saw Raelin, he was so taken in by her beauty that he was unable to capture her, but was instead captured in a net of woven magick that held him immobile and mute. Slade was taken by Raelin to her home, where the family decided to turn the tables and use him as leverage against Chinos, hoping to buy enough time to figure out what to do. Over time, Raelin was able to show that magick could be used for good, and was able to unlock Slade from the chains of darkness that Chinos' power had wrapped around his heart and had weighed down his soul. Slade and Raelin fell in love, and were married in a small, outdoor ceremony, presided over by both a priest and, unbeknowst to any magickless folk, many of the faerie folk as well. The couple had lived in bliss for a little over a year before Aislynn was born, which only increased their joy. The family had lived in a small cottage only minutes away from Raelin's parents, close to both the woods and a small ocean inlet. In that home, the family has lived happliy for five years. And then, a few weeks after Aislynn's fifth birthday, Slade had left.
"Oh Daddy, I miss you..." whispered Aislynn, gazing at the framed photograph of her father on the mantle of the fireplace as she went to fetch her school things. She had his large,sapphire blue eyes and hair that always semeed to fall in her eyes, though hers was blonde where his was a deep auburn, reddish brown, like cola in the sunlight.

*
"Aislynn, what are ye doin' ?" Raelin called from the kitchen, hurriedly stuffing briefs and documents into her briefcase, her usually thick Irish brouge becomming more pronounced as she got stressed, as it usualy did; well, either when she was stressed or annoyed. "Get a move on darlin', or ye'll be late, an' ye don't want that again!"
"I'm just getting my books Ma," reliped Aislynn wearily, stuffing her own things in her backpack. "I'll be out in a moment."
"Alright lass- don' forget, I have a dinner meeting tonight, so I won't be home until late; there's money for take-out on the fridge door, please try to get something healthy!"
"Yes Mother...," replied Aislynn, rolling her eyes as she slung her backpack over her shoulder and headed for the door. "Bye, Ma! Have a fun day at work!" she called over her shoulder, the last comment a dig at her mother's expense; her mother liked her job well enough, though it was high stress and usually resulted in her comming home late and exhausted.
© Copyright 2006 Aya (aya_angel213 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1167030-and-in-dreams-prolouge-section-II