*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1167273-Spirituality
Rated: E · Essay · Spiritual · #1167273
An essay on what spirituality means to me
For me, spirituality is not about religion, spirituality encompasses all religions. It is an individual choice about authenticity and choosing to be honest and true to the higher self, that part of us that is completely unattached to the ego.

Spirituality is about believing in a higher purpose, something that cannot be seen or touched. Something that is felt deep within. When people are on a spiritual path, many believe it to be one of sacrifice and pain but for me the spiritual journey is one which brings us the most peace and tranquility. It is a peace that takes over and rests with us while we follow our instincts as to the correct actions to take.

I believe our spiritual path is one which is leading us through a number of lessons in lie. The biggest lessons being the ones we ourselves chose as souls before we entered our human bodies. I believe that there are new souls and old souls. There are souls who have been here many times before and those who are on the earth for the first time. I believe that older souls have agreed to befriend those newer souls and certain souls travel together again and again.

In meeting a new person, sometimes the friendship just clicks. These are souls who already are familiar with each other having lived through the earthly life before. We also recognise those souls who taught us difficult lessons in past lives, being those people we feel an instant dislike to.

We have all come on the earth to learn certain things to lead us to the higher path when we will no longer have to come to earth. Love is all in spirituality. Relationships that are truly based on love are not about possession or belonging. The two souls have decided in that lifetime to come together to help each other learn the lessons each has decided to learn in that lifetime.

Thinking about my own life and how I’ve been living it so far, I have been making many mistakes. Today I was grumpy and getting frustrated and annoyed at someone at work – that didn’t feel good to me and can’t have felt good for him either. If I was being truly authentic then our encounter should be a peaceful and enjoyable one – why is it fraught with tension?

When two people are brought into close proximity, when someone enters your life and is significant in it, it is because one or both of you has something to learn from the other. I believe that frustrations occur when the souls recognise that the other is not learning the lesson they were meant to teach. When the true exchange occurs then both parties feel peace and happiness. Frustrations occur when one or both are refusing to see or accept the truth in the situation.

To truly be peaceful and happy, see life as a lesson and see each encounter as an exchange. When negative emotions occur ask yourself what lesson could be being ignored here. If it is something out of your control, allow the other soul some space to find their own truth and meaning. Let go. Allow people to be as they are and have faith we all will learn the lessons when we are ready to.
© Copyright 2006 awritescot (awritescot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1167273-Spirituality