*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1167296-Who-the-Hell-is-Jim-Plante
Rated: 13+ · Interview · Experience · #1167296
A interview with a stranger.
It all started 20 years ago in a small bar in Rhode Island. The bar was made up of mostly bikers. Not the best place to be after dark. But, I was waiting for my girl friend who was working down the street at a drug store. That's when I met Jim Plante.
I sat up at the bar between this very large biker and a guy who was average in size but rather muscular. After about 30 minutes I introduced myself, just to make small talk and pass the time. The biker looked at me as if I was some kind of freak. But the other guy without looking at me, introduced himself. He was kind, but not overly nice. We started to talk about the area, the weather, the bar and so on. It was then that I realized that this has to be the most interesting person I have ever spoke to.
I always wanted to be a reporter, someone that would research and report. I decided I wanted this guy to be my report.
After my third beer, I realized I was late picking up my girl friend. I told Jim not to leave. I wanted him to meet her. Actually I just wanted to hear more.
I went and picked her up. Of course I was crap for being late. I then convinced her to return to the bar with me. When we walked in I realized it was way past dark and the faces changed. It was actually scary. As I looked around the room I spotted Jim still at the bar.
I introduced him to my girl friend. He was very polite to her and offered his seat. The fat biker was still there and wouldn't move for anyone. I started asking Jim questions about everything. My girlfriend was looking at me like I was somekind of a wierdo. But as he told his stories, she started to understand why I was so interested.
© Copyright 2006 starter (starter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1167296-Who-the-Hell-is-Jim-Plante