*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1167358-Darkness-and-Depression
by Skypen
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Animal · #1167358
This is just a short thing I wrote when I was feeling angry or depressed.
Billows of smoke arose from a deserted city. It almost looked gray in the distance...and for some...it was...

All was quiet, a ringing silence that entwined around the city's buildings. Claiming the wind it's own and silencing the birds that tried to flutter in it's depths.

Debris was pitifully scattered in various places. Only lowering the city's beauty, if there was any at all...

How the city became this way was a mystery. However it wasn't uninhabited.

A mysterious shadow clawed it's way in the darkest alleys, where most feared to tread.

It was just a mere figure, no detail was seen to strengthen people's understanding of what it was. Two red eyes were seen embeded in a fragile skull.

It was like a spirit, it's body moving swiftly as if it was carried by the wind. Like some piece of trash in the breeze.

A growl rumbled hoarsley in it's throat.

"Lend your heart to no one, for it may not be returned..."

Claws were unsheathed, as the figure dug it's nails into the pavement. It broke swiftly into a run, and halted at a dirty pool of water. It's blackish tounge lapped up the foul-smelling liquid.

"Let the darkness spill from your ears and eyes. Let it envelope you in hatred and disgust."

It lept atop a building. It's faintly detailed muscles rippling under it's glossy black skin. A strange sight.

"Do not fear the darkness...fear what lurks beneath it's shadowy fog..."

The creature was atop the tallest building. The building had been crushed by years of rust, and smelled of carcasses. It was perfect for the creature however.

A tear flowed from the creature's eye. Years of exile had taken a toll on it's mind...

It crouched atop the building, peering blankly out at the pitiful city...

"Take care of yourself, no one knows what envy is sent towards you. No one knows how mad people can be driven..."
© Copyright 2006 Skypen (pianopearl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1167358-Darkness-and-Depression