*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1167709-Not-For-Adult-Eyes
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Emotional · #1167709
I'm only going to give everyone a taste of one of my coming pieces of work......
I guess the three of us never really expected anything to happen. But fame can come and go as easily as the wind. In order to tell you our story, I need to start a couple of months ago.
I was the leader of the gang. I was always the leader if everything I did, or every group that I joined. Our group was made up of me,(Taylor) the laid back athletic leader that always knew what to do in a tight situation. Then there was Trischa, slightly more mature than I but boy crazy and second in command all the same. Lastly, there was Katie and Amber, but they usually stuck together because they were almost the same age (I was 14, Trischa 15 going on 16, Katie 13, and Amber was 12). Katie was the extremely sarcastic one. No matter what you said, she always had a smart comment for it. Then there was Amber. Amber always asked the dumbest questions at the worst possible time and was always giggling, for what reason I guess I will never know. We all were coincidentally watching our favorite move, Rob Reiner's "Stand By Me" on a little portable DVD player in our treehouse in my backyard. Then we got the idea to compare each of ourselves to each of the characters in the movie. Trishca, Katie, and Amber all decided that I was most like Chris. For those of you who have never seen the movie, Chris is (of course!) the leader of his group. Trischa was Gordy,the next in charge, and Katie was Teddy, the extremely sarcastic, and sometimes a little rude, member of the group. Amber's connection to Vern was unbelieveable. Vern was really annoying and always asked the wrong questions at the wrong time. Once we finished deciding who was who, we discussed one of the topics brought up in the movie: Mickey is a mouse, Donald is a duck, and Pluto is a dog. What the hell is Goofy? We had already tried to answer this question a million times before, but kept coming to the same conclusion: We had no freaking clue.
Right then, in the middle of our conversation, I sat up with a jolt.
"Guys, shh. Listen."
"What's the matter with you now Taylor?" said Katie.
"No, everyone. Really shut up. I hear it too," said Trish.
We all shut up and listened, and for once, Amber didn't have some really stupid question to ask us. We could hear somebody slowly coming up the ladder to our treehouse, and they were really trying their hardest to be quiet about it.
Even though to all of the other guys everything seemed to be going faster than the speed of sound, I saw it in slow motion. I was able to recount every detail of everything as if I had been memorizing lines for a play for the past month.
A very built man in a grey work jumpsuit burstin through the door in the floor. The four of us had been crouded around it, so when he came up through, we all flung ourselves backwards onto the floor, letting out little screams of surprise. He came up with his back to me and Trischa, but facing Katie and Amber. We then all realized at the same time that this was no joke, because the man had a gun in his hand.
"All if you, get down now! NOW! And if any of you so much as blinks without me telling you to, I will splatter your brains out all over the walls.
The voice should have sounded extremely familiar to me, but in my state of panic and shock it was hard for me to concentrate on anything. I still hadn't seen this guy's face, neither had Trischa, but Katie and Amber had. They nowhad these really weird looks on hteir faces that I couldn't interpret, but I dismissed it almost as soon as I had noticed it. The man then ordered Amber to lay down in the makeshift couch that we had all built.
We all realized at the sametime that he intended to rape Amber, so we then assumed that he would probably kill us all after that. He started to unzip his jumpsuit, but luckily the zipper got jammed. He then made a very stupid mistake, probably the worst one that he could have made in that situation. Without realizing what he was doing, he layed the gun down on the floor so that he could use both hands to work on the zipper. The gun was now lying on the floor next to Katie. Katie and I looked at each other, I guess communicating without saying anything. She wanted to pick the gun up and shoot him, but I shook my head no. My reason for this was so that I could find a way to just hurt him so that we could call the cops and he could go to jail. I shot a look at Amber, signalling to her that she should now loudly let out the tears that she had been holding back. She did, and with perfect timing.
"Hey, shut the hell up! This will all be over soon." He said.
I looked at Trischa to my left and she nodded her head. I slowly slid my shoes off so that I was in my socks and quietly crept around behind Trish over to the corner wheremy field hockey stick was. It wasn't one of those old fashioned wooden ones, but it would do. This one was made out of carbon and fiberglass. Hard enough to hurt, but not to kill. Or so I thought.
The man finally got his zipper undone and was slowly unzipping his jumpsuit. Full of a blind rage, I quickly stood up, grabbed my stick, and tiptoed over to where he was. I postioned myself directly behind him. He was starting to lean over a now screaming Amber.
"Hey, bitch," I said. He froze. "Why don't you turn around and take your ass beating like a real man instead of the pervert that you really are."
Suddenly, it was as if I could hear my own heartbeat in my ears, along with everybody else's in the room.
He started to turn his head towards me. The freak even tried to say my name. I couldn't figure out how he even knew my name. But just as I could see the side of his clear enough to recognize who he was, it was too late. I was in full swing. I had only meant to hurt him, maybe even knock him out, but when my stick connected with his head, each and every one of us in that room heard a sickening crunch. Realization mixed with horror as I dropped the field hockey stick and the potato chips that I had been snacking on earlier exited my stomach through my mouth.
The dead man now laying in a pool of blood on the floor was my adoptive father.
© Copyright 2006 SeaOfTears (brokenhearted at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1167709-Not-For-Adult-Eyes