*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1167904-my-13th-and-14th-girlfriends
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Thriller/Suspense · #1167904
my entry for october's round
“Traitors!” Maui, my 13th girlfriend, shouted.

“Look Maui…” I tried to explain.

“SHUT UP LINCOLN! I’ve seen everything! YOU TRAITORS!!! I SHALL KILL YOU HERE!!!” Maui shouted, her hand holding a kitchen knife trembled.

“Maui, please understand!” Colin, my 14th girlfriend, requested.

“SHUT UP!!!” Maui screamed her eyes full of anger and hatred.

Suddenly, she dashed and attacked Colin.

Fortunately, Colin dodged it.

I looked around for something that could be used to stop her insanity.

And right at the corner of the room, I saw piled steel bars.

I picked one and threw it to Colin.

“Colin! CATCH!” I shouted.

Colin managed to catch the steel bar. She used it to defend herself

“Aim for the legs Colin!!!” I coached her.

But then Maui was just too dangerous.

I looked for another steel bar and ran towards Maui, yet she managed to evade the attack.

I tried to push her towards the corner but then she was too strong.

She was as strong as ten thousand men and her eyes were as if of a malicious demon who wanted to kill.

I was horrified.

The situation was to kill or be killed.

Maui kept on attacking me, while Colin was frozen with fear on the other side of the room.

“Hit her leg Colin!!!” I shouted. Yet Colin didn’t respond.

Maui kept on trying to stab me with her kitchen knife. I backed off bit by bit until I was cornered.

Colin was petrified and I couldn’t count on her at the moment.

And Maui was about to stab me at the chest.

I had no choice.

I hit her very hard on her crown.

Blood came flooding down on her face as she fell down.

But then Maui was still conscious and amazingly, she managed to stand up. Her ever evil eyes were flashing with hatred and anger.

Quickly, I held my steel bar up high and hit her legs very hard.

She fell down, yet still alive. Even in her severe condition, she still managed to keep her demonic glare.

“I SHALL KILL BOTH OF YOU!!!” Maui screamed.

She tried to stand up.

But before she did, I held my steel bar tight and gave her a strong blow on her head that eventually made it cracked.

“I’ll kill you…” Maui murmured with her last breath.




I took a shower when I went back home. Cleaning myself from the grave sin I just committed. I closed my eyes as I feel the water wash off the entire dirt in my body.

Suddenly, Maui’s demonic face appeared in my mind. I was horrified.

I quickly opened my eyes and tried to think that it was merely a nightmare and it didn’t actually happen.

I was so mesmerized by my thoughts that somehow I didn’t notice I was already bathing with blood. It was on the floor and around my body.


I thought it was merely my imagination, but it was for real. Red blood came out from the shower.

And that was how it began.

The police didn’t know about the crime since Colin and I kept Maui’s body inside a cave by the sea in a rural area.

I walked freely towards the company I used to work as if nothing happened.

I nearly forgot about the incident when suddenly I heard a strange noise behind me. I turned around. And there I saw Maui crawling dragging her legs with her bloody cracked head. She still had those demonic eyes full of anger and hatred.

I ran as fast as I could then suddenly bump into someone.

“Hey!!!” the old lady shouted.

“I’m sorry” I apologized. I turned back and Maui was gone.

I went back in my apartment thinking that the incident was merely a fruit of my imagination.

I lay on my bed and was about to sleep when suddenly I smelt something rotten. I turned and there beside me was Maui with her demonic glare. Her entire body was decomposing, and worms came out of her ears and mouth.

I ran towards the switch and turned on the lights, and then she disappeared.

I decided to break up with Colin thinking that maybe that’s the reason why Maui keeps on haunting me.

“Let’s break up Colin” I told her one day.

“Why Lincoln?! Why?!” Colin asked with her watery eyes.

“Cause you’re already useless to me” I told her and turned my back.

“I HATE YOU LINCOLN!!!” She shouted.

I turned back again and looked at her, yet to my great surprise I saw Maui again. Maui’s demonic eyes glaring at me, she moved her way towards me and I was afraid. I pushed her as hard as I could towards the window. And then she fell.

I was relieved. I thought she won’t haunt me anymore. But I was wrong.

I pushed the wrong girl.

It was Colin.

Falling from the 14th floor to the ground, Colin immediately experience instant death. Her neck was twisted when she landed to the ground.

Fortunately for the second time, I was able to escape from the police’s eyes.

It was silent for two weeks and the sudden appearance of Maui halted.

I turned on the television, one relaxing Sunday night; I scanned every channel to find something worth watching.

I was stuck at channel thirteen, no matter how hard I tried to push the remote buttons.

Suddenly, two familiar heads emerged from the TV unit. It was Maui’s bloody cracked head and Colin’s twisted one. I stunned.

A moment later, both of them glared at me, their rotting bodies came out of the TV unit.

Maui crawled towards me and trying to stab me with the kitchen knife on her hand, while Colin was aiming for my throat, I rushed to the door and ran outside the street.

I had nowhere to go. I sat on the bench in the park and suddenly I fell asleep.

The moment I woke up I was already in the cemetery. Maui and Colin dug a hole, dropped me inside it and covered me with soil together with fat worms.

I tried to scream yet I didn’t have the air.

I was trapped. I dug towards the surface as fast as I could and didn’t mind to bother the worms and the rotten bodies buried inside with me.


I tried and tried and tried and barely reached the surface. Luckily I managed to be alive.

There was only one logical thing to do to solve the problem.

I decided to go to New York.

On that day I immediately went to my apartment and packed some things. I went directly to the airport and bought a ticket.

I left the place and I never saw them again.


And that was the story of my 13th and 14th girlfriend.


I’ll be writing sooner for the 15th one, Jane.


Lincoln closed his journal.


“HONEY!!! PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY COSTUME!!!” Jane shouted.


“I’M COMING JANE!!!” Lincoln replied.


Lincoln hurriedly got out of his room and went for Jane’s.


He was stunned when he saw a woman with a twisted neck.


“AHAHAH!!! You’re funny Lincoln!!! You’re scared aren’t you?” Jane, with her Halloween costume, laughed.

“You frightened me to death Jane!!!” Lincoln exclaimed and was a bit relieved.


“TRICK OR TREAT!!!” someone shouted outside their house.

“Yepeh! I LOVE TRICK OR TREAT!!!” Jane exclaimed and was a bit excited.

She ran towards the door leaving Lincoln behind.


“COME ON IN GUYS! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!” she shouted and let the visitors to come in.

Lincoln on the other hand was left inside Jane’s room.

He was picking up the mess around the place.

“COME HERE HONEY AND GREET OUR GUEST!!!” Jane called.


“WAIT JANE!!!!” Lincoln answered.


“OH COME ON!!! GREET THESE PRETTY LADIES!!! THEIR COSTUMES ARE SO REALISTIC!!!! I TELL YOU!!!!” Jane called out again.



“I’LL BE THEIR IN A MINUTE JANE!!!” Lincoln answered.

Lincoln cleaned up the place hurriedly and was a bit excited to see the guests outside.





He was picking up the last trash when he suddenly stumbled down.





“Finally….”




Lincoln fell hard on the floor. He turned back and saw...



“Finally…….we’ve found you….”



And he screamed.


word count: 1365
© Copyright 2006 sociology (sociology at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1167904-my-13th-and-14th-girlfriends