*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1168779-Political-Boundaries-Intro
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Mystery · #1168779
An inroduction to a novel I am currently writing entitled "Political Boundaries"
Political Boundaries

Introduction

In every culture, you hear of secret societies and how they penetrated the very foundations of reason. You hear about anti-religious cults and of terrorists. You even hear of political treason and of patriotic killers. The simple and terrifying fact of the matter is, we the U.S. people sit back and think that this could never happen to ‘our country’, the truth is that we have never, and never will be safe.
John Allenburg was climbing the rare political ladder of success. The year was 2018 and at the time John was working independently, trying to get the political position of U.S. ambassador to Russia. John had secrets, as do we all, but John’s secrets were terrible, far worse than anyone else’s, and if revealed, it could shatter the personal securities of every person on the planet.
The American people were as ignorant as ever; you would think that the tragedy in ’01 and the nuclear strike in ’13 would have woken them up right? Didn’t happen, and sadly, as much as we didn’t want to admit it, we were becoming more and more a dictatorship every year. Look at it this way, if all the Democrats agreed on one thing, and held ¾ of the Congress, and of course the presidency, that idea was one. It was the sad truth.
The fact that no one in the early 21st century saw the disasters coming was the worst that could have possibly happened, the fact that no one in their wildest dreams ever even imagined that a single extremist cult could penetrate political boundaries, showed that we had lost from the beginning. It was already over, and we had lost.
So why was it that the U.S. people were as ignorant as ever? The answer is simple; they believed that the government was protecting them, that they were safe. Such a level of ignorance, I hope, will never befall the people of this planet again. You see, politicians were not protecting them; they believed that they had more power. They believed that they could have total control.
One such man was, of course, the man we will be following. His name, John Allenburg. He, unlike most politicians, not only hungered for power, he starved for it. John had wanted for as long as he could remember to be seen as a great and beloved leader. He wanted complete and utter control.
So then arises the question of how… how would one obtain such tremendous power? How would one fine the way? Illegality. Let me say that again, illegality. One would have to break the law. But what is the law? In truth it is simply an imaginary line. And once one crosses that line, there is no turning back. You have already crossed over.
After that, comes the line of personal morals. For instance, most people in the U.S. would agree that it is immoral to kill. That killing is just wrong. But once you have crossed the line of the law, what stops you from crossing your own morals? What stops you from doing what you know is wrong? The sad truth is that you are the only one who can stop yourself. You are your only hope.
Perhaps if John Allenburg had been a better person, he wouldn’t have kept going. Maybe he would have stopped himself, maybe not. These questions, though they rattle in my mind, make absolutely no difference. They are beside the point. John Allenburg already followed threw with the unimaginable. I am simply telling you how…






© Copyright 2006 jzfields1 (jzfields1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1168779-Political-Boundaries-Intro