*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1168801-The-Missing-Page
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1168801
Just messing around with this idea. I'll try and get some paragraphs in every day. Enjoy!
Prolouge:
It was completely silent in Karkasiof Forest. The full moon shed its somewhat bright light down on the treetops and reflected in the eyes of small mice and squirrels. They were the only things to witness the creature that was moving stealthily through the undergrowth.
A she-elf with a large, intricately carved longbow in her pale, elegant hand was shifting her eyes back and forth restlessly. She was in the traditional clothes of an elf; she had on a fitted green tunic that fell gracefully to her calves with brown pants reached down to the ground. Her bare feet made no sound in the bracken. Her eyes were jade green in color and very feline looking. Her smooth black hair was tied in a long braid that swung down to rest between her shoulder blades.
Her keen ears caught the faint sound of a small twig snapping to her left. Her head turned quickly enough to see a flash of movement. Quietly, she reached over her shoulder and pulled a slender arrow made from willow tree wood out of her quiver. Setting it in the bow, she strode forward, eyes narrowed in furious concentration.
*more later*
© Copyright 2006 Elizabeth Connor (midnight_sun at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1168801-The-Missing-Page