*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1168965-Red-wine
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Prose · Other · #1168965
The potential start of a chapter.
Red wine

I drank red wine at your table last night, in your home. The mind of yours and the mind of mine. Sat next to each other. Being two halves of the one whole. I watched in dim light as you came alive, alive because of me. Because of my mind and my thoughts. And I knew then: I know why.
All the mistakes I thought I’d made, all the worlds I watch pass by, the hurt and the wordless grief, the happiness I let pass by. Is so I could sit with you, with your mind, in your home and drink red wine. You are the answer to all my questions.

And I don’t care what they say. I don’t care if they think it could never work. I know the truth, and it is simple: You are the answer to my questions. Whatever our situations – your beautiful life, my incapacities. They matter not. Because I love you completely, devastatingly, perfectly. You are all the answers I could ever need.
These years have past; I’ve wondered what I was doing, why such things would happen to me, and leave those around me untouched.

It is for you: all for you. L for Love. L for Love. I have chosen to call you love, because that is what you are to me. Your name begins with L, and if you are reading this I hope you know what I am trying to say. You are my Love.
© Copyright 2006 Nina Atwood (nina_atwood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1168965-Red-wine