*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1169056-Biting-Kiss
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Fanfiction · #1169056
This is a fanfic of Anne Rice's "Vampire Chronicles"
The characters, except Eleni, are property of Anne Rice. Eleni is a name Mrs. Rice came up with, but the character is one I created and developed. This is just the beginning, it is still in the works, so enjoy what is here and be patient for what is not.


Eleni. Strong. Beautiful. The dark-haired beauty that had caught the eye of the Great One. Her fangs extended slowly as she stared hungrily down at the man beneath her. Eleni licked her lips as she lowered her mouth to the sleeping, half clothed man's neck. "Trick them, do nothing more than you want, make them think they are getting more, put them to sleep," the words of her master echoed in her head as she drove her fangs into the man's neck, draining him almost to the point of death, but letting his heart fade on its own. Eleni fed only out of hunger, she had not eaten in three days. She left him there as she ran down the alleyway, knowing she was late, that he would be waiting...waiting for her.

When she arrived at the room she rented he was there; blond hair, gray eyes, a well built, young body, though many, many years past the forty at which he was changed, he did not look at her. Eleni went to him, caressing his cheek, "Marius, Marius? Please, I am sorry..." her voice faltered and she looked down, "I am wearing the dress you sent." And indeed she was, a long black dress, form fitting, a red sash around the waist, long sleeves that begun beneath her shoulders, but were always rolled up, revealing the mark she and her "coven" had chosen as their own. It was a skull, with a cross through it, a wreath around the cross. It had not really hurt, though the man who had done it had been harsh. Eleni turned to Marius and saw he had looked at the dress, nodded, then sighed, "Beautiful as ever Love. It still brings out those wild eyes." Blushing Eleni pushed a strand of long brown hair from her green, red tinged eyes. The dress really made her 18 years aged (though she'd been living much longer, her turning being around 1817 and it was now 1944), barely mature body, look older, and very nice. They planned together, laughed together, and reminisced together before he left, leaving her sitting on top her coffin, tying her black leather boots tighter for the night's work. Eleni pulled the sash from her waist and pulled her hair back in a bun, ready for work. Quietly she left the room and went to work, looking for anyone in trouble.

She fought for the good, like Lestat and Marius, brother and father, lover and friend, the three, along with Louis and Gabrielle were famous "good doers;" though Lestat was a bit of a rebel, Gab a constant wanderer, Marius a bit of a hermit, and Louis often overly depressed...even with them she sometimes still felt alone in her fight. But still, when together, they were happy and invincible. Eleni let her thoughts drift to them and smiled, sitting under a tree, out of the light. A necklace dropped into her lap and she looked up, grabbing the dagger from beneath her skirt, a long steel one with a handle made just for her, but she was glad to find it was only Louis, he was the only one who stayed with her New Orleans all the time, the two were like brother and sister. He sat with her and they talked, he explained the necklace was a gift from an unknown suitor, found with a note, still attached, on his step. It was quite simple, confession of feelings, riddle as to the identity, Eleni paid it little mind and put the necklace around her neck. It was a gold chain with a locket on the end, the pictures inside of Lestat and Louis. "Oh, Louis, look," her voice was soft, passionate, her French accent sliding out as it always did with him or Lestat. Somehow, no other Frenchmen could have that affect on her, but that didn't matter, she liked to mask it. It was strong and made people curious, too curious for her liking. "Who do you think it's from?" Louis broke her thoughts again, looking at her as if she would die any moment, sitting as a gentleman...he was always a gentleman. A sigh and shrug, then, in almost a whisper, "It must be a vampire. Look at the writing. Too perfect for a human, it is ancient looking." He nodded and sighed, "Do you think it's from Armand?" Eleni laughed softly, the idea was absurd, Armand and her did not like each other...too much fighting over Louis and Lestat and especially Marius, "Louis, I hope for his sake that he is not the admirer. I hate him almost as much as Claudia..." Eleni stopped, looked away and then back, "Oh, Louis I didn't...I am sorry." Claudia had been Louis and Lestat's vampire child, but she had been hardened and cruel. She tried to kill Lestat and would cause Louis so much pain, though he refused to see it. The two "girls" had only met once, when Eleni was in Paris with Lestat and Claudia with Louis. It was during a kill they met, a kill of Claudia's; Eleni had saved the beggar woman, but had made an enemy. Pressing a hand to her cheek, Louis smiled a sad, yet peaceful smile, "I know, it's alright. She was something..." They turned their conversation to present times, the note was forgotten, and they discussed Lestat's next visit.

It was two weeks later when the blond haired rebel appeared on Eleni's doorstep, arms full of packages. He was always so extravagant, Eleni loved it, she knew he couldn't help it. "Darling, what is this dump you insist on living in?" Lestat groaned as he dropped the packages on her bed, "And this coffin, look at it! You could get splinters." He shook his head and sighed, "We are getting a new place and a new bed...both kinds." His nose wrinkled as he glanced at the human bed in the corner. Eleni laughed and hugged him, breathing in his deep musky scent, "I don't need anything, here is fine..." Lestat just scoffed and shook his head, "No my dear, you are leaving this place and your little...pets" he glanced at a spider web and then a mouse hole, "and moving to a loft overlooking the river." She smiled and sighed, dreaming of her new home and how beautiful it would be, Lestat would see to that. Her thoughts were broken by the soft lull of a violin and she smiled, allowing herself to be swept up into his arms as the two spun around the room. Somehow his thoughts of music from long ago always traveled to her own mind and stuck. They could dance for hours simply listening to his memories.

"Lestat, Lestat darling," Eleni's soft whisper stirred her sleeping charmer. He looked up at her and smiled, "is it evening?" She nodded and stretched what little she could inside the small coffin made even smaller with two beings inside. He lifted his arms and pushed the lid aside, the two climbing out just as the sun was beginning to set. They were always able to awake earlier than most others, they loved to hunt in those early hours. It was quiet, just the two of them. Lestat changed clothes quickly, running his hands through his hair as Eleni carefully chose a new outfit and placed her hair in a braid. "Let's go love," he said, his voice lusty and sensuous. He grabbed her from behind, his strong arms pulling her against him as he kissed her neck. His fangs gently pressed against her cold, hard flesh and he whispered, "let's get some warm blood into you, tenderize your skin." Eleni shook her head, "I just ate, I'm not hungry." "But you're cold my love," he purred, leading her out of the room and into the cold air. She shook her head again, but Eleni just followed. The two ran through the shadows, Lestat quickly disappearing when he spied his prey. He was not one to just pick at random, no, Lestat preferred the chase, and tonight might just be the night he feeds.

Eleni stepped back and wandered toward the riverbanks, letting Lestat have his fun. Finding an empty bench she sat, though not alone for long. A tall, handsome, young man sat beside her, his deep green eyes gazing across the water. The two sat silently, acknowledging each other with their gentle breaths and heartbeats. After awhile Lestat came and sat on the other side of Eleni, stretching and sighing as he relaxed, licking his lips. "He wasn't ready yet...I'm getting rather hungry waiting so long," his voice lingered on the wind and Eleni nodded. The other then spoke, "can the mighty Lestat really wait for a meal?" There was silence, no one spoke or moved, but then all three broke into laughter. Eleni turned and hugged the man, "oh Louis, I missed you! Where have you been wandering?" "Here and there...I wander...wherever," Louis murmured. He could be vague at times and Lestat hated it, something he chose to voice again, "Louis, where were you? What is the secret?" "No secret, I just don't recall," Louis mumbled, his eyes fixated on the river. Eleni stood, knowing she needed to stop the madness before the two started really bickering. The eyes of the two men followed her immediately as she walked away, her hand sliding over the railing that kept drunkards from falling into the river and to their certain death. This place calmed her, perhaps because she had walked there as a mortal, or perhaps because...no, Eleni would not think of that right now. Not now. Not while she was with Lestat and Louis.



© Copyright 2006 Jessica Carter (shugtwo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1169056-Biting-Kiss