*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1169621-The-babysitter
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Thriller/Suspense · #1169621
A babysitter terrorized by a "man"(excerpt, comments please)
I sat there and stared at the door. A million terrors flashed through my mind and I knew one was about to come true. I don’t know how, but it was happening. I was horrified.

The doorknob was turning. The parents of the kids I was babysitting couldn’t possibly be back yet; it was only nine at night. Adrenaline pumped through my veins as I saw the door creaking open slowly. I just sat on the crusty couch, frozen.

Moments later I saw the sickliest thing I’d ever laid eyes upon. The scars covered his body and a snicker escaped from his mouth. I was nauseated. He looked straight at me and smiled the most grotesque smile imaginable.
His rotten teeth were clearly visible and quite possibly had been filed down to make them into fangs. His intentions were as clear as diamond and reflected around the room the same way. He wanted terror and he wanted it now.

He cocked his head to the side, probably wondering why I hadn’t screamed Bloody Mary yet. I can honestly say that the same thought passed through my head too.

Our eyes locked. I saw something sick flash in his head. That was when I knew I was not going to be able to leave the house with any sanity left in me. He slowly edged away and shut the door.

I couldn’t move. I was paralyzed. Why had he left? Why couldn’t he finish me off then and there? There was no point not to just start killing me. Deep down I knew that this was just part of the torture. There was a point to shutting the door. There was a point in looking at me and then looking away. The point was torture.

As my paralysis faded I decided to lock the doors. The doors wouldn’t lock. How could they not lock??? The wood had swollen. The only thought in my head was NO! I propped up a chair under the doorknob of the back and front door. The windows didn’t seem important.

I turned around to return to the couch, feeling much safer, and then I shrieked. Hanging before me was a cat. The cat was gored. The eyes hung out of their sockets and each paw hung by a string. The tail had been sliced up and strung. What little else was left was strangled and beaten.

Wide eyed in horror I backed up only to bump into something else. I didn’t dare look back. I ran to the left towards the bathroom only to see him standing in the doorway.
© Copyright 2006 amour9871 (amour9871 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1169621-The-babysitter