*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1170270-Dead-to-the-World
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Comedy · #1170270
An amusing story of a crazy man and a small idea he had. It would later turn out bad
Many ages ago in a land of lush green pastures there lived a man by the name of Omar Guano. Now he was no ordinary man, he was a man of adventure and mystery. Omar was the leading supplier to the local opium circuit and made exorbitant amounts of money selling it to them.
One day he walked out his door and decided to burn something, but what to burn? He thought for a moment and an idea sprang into his head. Poppies, seeing that he had five full fields of it. He set up his irrigation sprinkler system to a tank of pure oil and set it to sprinkle. With in five minutes the fields were covered in a rich layer of premium oil.
After having his morning tea Omar came to check on the progress of his latest antic. After seeing that his plan was going smoothly he lit a torch and heaved it into the middle of the nearest field. The fields spewed tons of gasses and ashes into the morning air. Opium filled his lungs and soon it spread throughout the countryside, to all the children and there parents. Omar knew this would cause many people to pass out or become inebriated. He took this opportunity to get even with his enemies, so he went around to all of their houses and torched them, after stealing all the valuables and children of course.
When he returned to his humble home he noticed a small hole in his window. He wondered if this was an assassination attempt and walked into the house to see what was up. He slowly walked in and he heard a crash, he quickly turned and saw a man about 5’11 wearing a raggedy old shirt and no pants what so ever. This man also had a small goatee and long black greasy hair. After examining the man Omar realized that it was his reflection and someone was still in the house. He went into his bedroom and saw a long legged woman wearing nothing but hear undergarments. He said to the lady “What in sam hell is goin’ on here?” She looked at him with her brown seductive eyes and said “Die you bastard!” She shot him twenty seven times in the foot…. he died. All of the children that he stole encircled the woman and began to slowly and maliciously devour her flesh. The kids, experiencing massive amounts of gastric pains exploded as soon as they took there next, and very last step.
All that is left of that village today is a lonely crow who sits atop Omar’s house and screams. The land is now used by the government for practice air raids and other military testing. Maybe someday someone will come back to the village and revitalize it to its former glory, but for now it remains dead to the world.
© Copyright 2006 Edgar Stevens (poeprodigy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1170270-Dead-to-the-World