*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1170650-Magic-In-New-York
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Abby
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1170650
queen of magic...without a heart
I slipped into my blue silk gown that had victorian black velvet at the bodice. My corset was tied tight and my blonde hair was partially braided. The heels of my shoes made an annoying clicking sound as I walked and you could see the look of annoyance in my blue eyes. I reached my destination and placed my delicate hand on the brass door handle. I turned it and walked into the large room. I looked up and met the faces of my council. The only thing that controlled my actions.
“Good of you to join us Veronica.” The head chairman said standing up from the row of people.
“I would have been here sooner if I knew about the meeting.” I snapped back.
“Unfortunately it was called at last minute.” He replied and stared me down. I took a seat across from the row of people. My dress made a swishing noise as I got situated in the large chair.
“It has come to our attention that you have let your citizens participate in practicing all sorts of magic. This is dangerous Miss Veronica. We trusted you to keep a tight reign.” He said his voice becoming louder with every word.
I nodded my head in mocking way. The others murmured in the background but shut their mouths when I sent them a glare.
“We have tried to raise you so that you were taught to be kind and selfless but obviously without your mother we failed. So we are doing the only thing we can think of.” The chairman said sadly. “We are sending you to earth Veronica.”
I looked at them and laughed.
“Of course you are.” I said in between giggles. I stopped when I realized they weren’t laughing.
“You’re serious!” I cried and stood up so quickly I knocked the chair over. I swept my hand over it without a thought and it righted itself.
“I am so sorry Veronica but ever since your mother died you have become a...well...brat. Don’t worry you will be back before you know it.” He said, and then they were gone. All of them gone. I sighed and walked to the door. Walking down the dimly lit hall way my temper sparked causing the lamps to tilt and flicker the ground to shake and the wind to roar. I am in no way going to earth. I entered my room where my luggage was waiting and suddenly I felt something come over me. I looked down at my new outfit, rugged jeans, a white peacoat, a pink top, and white boots.
“I guess I am going to earth after all.” I said out loud and looked sadly around my room.
“Goodbye Relia, I’ll back soon...I hope.” I said to my land before the portal opened and I stepped through into a new time and new world.
I stepped into a busy street. My luggage was gone and beside me was the chairman. “Where am I?” I asked him looking at the tall buildings in amazement.
“New York City.” He replied and motioned for me to follow him.
It was cold, colder than it had ever been in Relia. I pulled my white knee length coat closer to my body and followed him.
We arrived at a tall building which he led me inside and showed me my new home. It was tiny. Not even half the size of a room at the castle. I sighed as he told me my job. I was to find someone and change them for the better, and then I could come home. He smiled at me and left. I thought for a couple of minutes and then left the building. Walking along the streets I bumped into a boy about my age, maybe around seventeen. He walked by without even saying sorry. I huffed and made a motion with my hands, he tripped and fell on his face. Maybe this was going to be harder than I thought. I rolled my eyes and walked over to help the boy up. He caught my eye, smiled and said thanks before walking away. Maybe New York was going to be more fun than I thought looking after the handsome boy.
© Copyright 2006 Abby (abbyrox at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1170650-Magic-In-New-York