*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1170743-Ocean-Sails-Yellow-Part-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kagami
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Teen · #1170743
Just a random teen romance, enjoy.
She sat there, quietly, thinking, chewing a pencil. Perching on the edge of her seat in a light skirt. Her hair was up in a bun. A few curly, brown locks were out of place near the edge of her face. She had a natural look to her, someone who looked like she should be outside. She sat with one leg crossed over the other, her head in her hands as she gazed out the window. Occasionally she'd pluck the pencil from her mouth and write something down in a black composition notebook. The classroom was empty as the day slowly drifted away. Sunlight poured into the room through the windows.


"Why don't you go home Audrey?" Said an older woman standing in the doorway, the teacher. The quiet girl snapped out of her dream-like phase,


"Oh, I will, I'm almost finished" Her voice was soft and quiet, just like her appearance. She glanced down at her notebook, wrote one last thing, and closed it. The teacher sighed, as she stood in the doorway, holding her books. The girl stood up and grabbed a shoulder bag with a worn appearance.


"Audrey, you need to start going home earlier, I can't keep staying until five every night for you." The teacher looked impatient as Audrey slowly paced towards the door.

"I know" Audrey hung her held low and peered down at the floor.


"You look in someone's eyes when you speak to them, you hear?"
Audrey raised her eyes up to her teacher,


"Yes Mrs. Black."


"I may not be able to teach kids what an anecdote is but the least I can do is teach you how to speak to someone." Mrs. Black smiled, "Now, go on home will you?" Audrey gave a slight smile and walked out the door, her teacher slowly followed.


"Bye Mrs. B." Audrey said, head upright.


The sun was setting over the ocean as Audrey walked along the sidewalk. She treaded from side to side, taking every stride carefully. She stepped off the sidewalk into the sand, the waves crashing down onto the shore. Audrey set her bag down on the sand, and removed her sandals. She took a deep breath and then bounded into the water. The bottom of her skirt was soaked. She stood in one spot for awhile, just gazing out on the water with quiet brown eyes. She dove into an on-coming wave, clothes and all. Her hair shimmered in the fading orange light as she let it fall down her back. She trudged out of the water, dripping. Audrey wrung her hair out, picked up her bags, and got back on the sidewalk.
© Copyright 2006 Kagami (wolvenjezeriah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1170743-Ocean-Sails-Yellow-Part-1