*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1170914-The-Sinking-Heart
by Stinky
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1170914
I misunderstood, you poor guy...
The cat jumped onto the desk again. He knocked a pile of papers onto the floor again. Jim turned round in his chair to observe the black bastard feigning a guilty expression again. Then it pawed for a pen. "Stop that, you bastard!" Jim was understandably frustrated, for this cat had found new and unique methods of maddening the man throughout the course of the day. Eight o'clock had brought round the breaking point. "That's it, you little fuck. I'm gonna--" His eyes caught the cat trying to take the end of the pen in its mouth. Oh...Oh my god... A movie ensued within his mind of what he had been told earlier: that his mother departed from him far too early in his young life. "Oh...you poor guy..." Just as his heart fell through the floor, tears built in his eyes. The cat gave him that look again. "Please forgive me."
© Copyright 2006 Stinky (bigmuscles at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1170914-The-Sinking-Heart