*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1171192-a-Minds-Journey
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1171192
I wrote these over the course of 4 days. One "Part" each day.
[PART 1]
What was, is no more. The old is gone, the new will come. Night is nigh...
Hopes are gone, dreams are shattered. We can't ever go back. Innocence is lost.
Where can you go? To whom will you turn? Who sees you in the night? To whom are you the answer? We can't go back to the way it was.

Night approaches, darkness covers. Sleep comes to the weary, sleep gives way to dreams. To whom are you the dream? Dreams are shattered, hopes are broken...


WE CAN'T GO BACK...


[PART 2]
Those that were here, have gone and won't come back. Troubles come, and peace is all but forgoten.
We can't go back.

Smiles lie, frowns tell what is. Man is corrupt. We can't escape. That which looms before us, draws closer.

It comes...

[PART 3]
The passage of time flies, the young grow old, and the old pass away. What could have been, is not.
Tears fall, laughter is hollow. We miss times past, but we can't go back, It will never be the same.
Memories fade, pictures turn yellow with age, and are soon forgotten.

The dreams that were once pleasent, are no more. They are replaced by the horrors of the mind's eye. The day is coming, and soon it will be too late. Old friendships die, new friendships are born.

IF THEY ONLY KNEW...

[PART 4]
Dawn to dusk, dusk to dawn, continues the never-ending cycle. The seed grows, tree is fallen and nourishes the growing seed. The rain comes, and thunder rumbles. The young are tossed to and fro in the storm, yet the sturdy oak is not moved. His strength comes from the experience of his lfe...of the pain and time passed. He knows what is coming. He is prepared.

Are We?...

END OF SECTION 1
© Copyright 2006 ShadowUnknown (aielman31 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1171192-a-Minds-Journey