*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1171668-Glimpses-Of-My-Life
Rated: E · Other · Family · #1171668
This is the introduction to my book. Its about the different events of my life.
Chapter 1 - Birth


It was a fairly cold winter evening in Kuwait. Most people were watching the television in their warm houses, not bothered about what was happening outside. If they had sneaked a look outside, they would have seen an ambulance rushing by with its siren wailing. Inside the ambulance there was a woman screaming with the pain that most mothers experience at the advent of birth. Any way they reached the hospital soon enough and she was rushed into the operation theatre. Her tense husband and 2 year old daughter kept watch outside. Minutes ticked by. It seemed ever so quiet in the hospital. But then from within the theatre a loud wailing and shrieking suddenly erupted. The serene atmosphere of the hospital was disturbed.

Well, I guess that's what I always have done. Make a huge entrance and also make sure my point is heard. And I'm quite sure the doctors heard my point then. After all I was screaming and wriggling too hard for them to miss it. My calm, enjoyable life had been shattered. I had been so rudely pulled out of my most comfortable home. My Mothers's Womb. Those last 9 months were scrumptious, literally. Just laying about; yawning; kicking when bored and of course munching on the wide array of delicacies offered day after day.

However it wasn't to be. On the 30th of January, 1990, I declared my presence in the world with much macho (Hmm..Super Baby sounds good). Mom has always told me I was one fat lump with lots of hair. She only caught a glance of me after giving birth. As I recall quite sulkily she dozed off the next instant. And even the first impression wasn't decent. How can a person even understand your features if you were carried upside down? Even though doctors say its the general procedure, I still can't digest it. Ah yes of course the tense husband and the 2 year old daughter saw me next (In other words dad and good ol' sis) My sis still says that I was her gift from God. And as for me she's the best birth-day gift I had.

Next I was cleaned and scrubbed and bundled up into warm clothes. After that I was layed next to my mom. It felt good to hear that warm beating of her heart that I was so used to. Even now years after my Birth, I am still amazed by this wonderful phenomenon of life by God. A miracle, no less.
© Copyright 2006 Word smith says I'm Back (word-smith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1171668-Glimpses-Of-My-Life