*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1171908-My-Halloween
by Lyds
Rated: E · Short Story · Entertainment · #1171908
A halloween story work in progress...
So I'm walking home on Halloween... you know the drill, dark and stormy night, eerie noises, lightning cracks overhead just as a large clap of thunder sounds. HaHa... see I don't get as into halloween as everyone else I know does so I left the party I was at with all my friends early (which is why I'm all alone on this deserted road in the stormy darkness). I dont' believe in goblins or ghosts, vampires or faeries, so halloween lost most of it's appeal long ago. So there I am walking and glancing around in the murky darkness and I can admit that a very small part of me (you know the part that still checks the closet before bed even though you're all grown up) was slightly creeped out.

My friends house is just 3 blocks from mine so I figured I was ok to walk home even though it's almost midnight. I live in a small town and as I look around (slightly warily) I recognize all the houses I pass. I could walk home blindfolded. Suddenly all the streetlights go out at the same time. I speed my pace, assuming that they will flicker on soon, or that the storm has caused a power outage. At this point I am almost running.

All of a sudden I run into what feels like a brick wall. That's strange, it's all sidewalk to my house. I am beginning to be really freaked out. I step back from the wall( or whatever it is) and look around. There is a flickering light in the distance and I can see figures seated around it. I blink a couple of times, but it's still there. Must have hit my head pretty hard.

As I start walking towards the fire I notice that the ground is all rocky and grassy instead of the smooth sidewalk I was walking on earlier. This is really wierd. As I get closer to the fire I see everyone is gathered in a circle around it. They are all wearing what look to be cloaks. Someone must have noticed me because all of a sudden a few of them start moving towards me.
© Copyright 2006 Lyds (lyds33 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1171908-My-Halloween