*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1172915-The-Dance
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by sujaz
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1172915
This is a prose/poem I wrote in college.
Crystal waves folded on the deserted beach and the spotlight reflection of Full Moon played upon the surface of the Deep Purple Sea. Little Crab cha cha's in and out of the merange peaks deposited on the grainy shore by the retreating surf, his awkward claws snipping and snapping like castinets.

Rising out of the indigo liquid she came, raven, seaweed locks billowing around her long brown body. As she glided onto the shore she spied Little Crab still absorbed in his funny dance. Sea Nymph gathered him up into the palm of her hand. A silver, wind chime laugh tinkled from her throat and drifted out over the water only to disappear into the still twilight as she caressed the tiny, spotted shell with her silky, burnished cheek, kissed him, and released him back to his frothy home.

She had come again to dance The Dance.

Accompanied by the staccato clip-clip of Little Crab's claws she began to skip and scamper through the shallow mist. Her long, slender arms rose above her head as she leaped and hopped amongst the snowy dunes...tarrying here to touch Sea Oat..lingering there to cuddle Periwinkle.

What was that?

She cocked her head to listen as Morning Bird's warble echoed in the distance. She rushed toward the spray of the swells...contracting..releasing her mystic charms upon the creatures of the beach along the way.

As she reached the edge of Mother Earth, slowly..lyrically, she began to spin. Round and around she twirled, arms swaying to the beat of the waves in the wind. Faster and faster..whirling and swirling..she danced The Dance.

Then, with one final arabesque, arms reaching towards the dawn, she leaped high in the air..
Bursting into a multitude of salty, shimmering droplets..

Sprinkling her blessings upon the Sea.....

Sujaz
© Copyright 2006 sujaz (sujaz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1172915-The-Dance