*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1172918-absent-without-leave
Rated: E · Short Story · Mystery · #1172918
a short story witha a large amount of drama and an element of mystery please enjoy.
Absent without leave.

A silver car hurtled round a street corner at a frighteningly fast speed. It was covered in bumps from previous episodes of damage. The road in which it pulled into was of no significant importance. The street in question was called Channel Street it was averagely kept with no awe inspiring beauty.

A somewhat dreary woman sat behind the wheel of the car you might have guessed she was in her forties but the age of thirty five would be correct. Her face commanded no particular amount of attention however her emerald green eyes sparkled when rays of pleasant sunshine hit them.

She pulled into an empty space on the road of which there were many just outside number forty one. She turned the engine off. Then sat there in a tranquil State. The attention of the residents was taken almost straight after the event of hurtling around the corner. It was 12 o’clock and many had more important matters to over see.

A small child of about three years of age and her mother walked along the street. At this the the woman’s eyes gazed over to her rear view mirror as she began to watch there rather slow approach up the street. They walked up the drive of number forty one then shut the front door.

The woman opened the car door then slammed it twice and walked up number 41’s driveway with a large amount of aggression. She opened the letter box and let her large green eyes stare through. It was a pleasant enough house with large amounts of ornaments on show. The mother she had seen earlier was coming down the stairs carrying a large pile of washing gasped.

“Hello, can I help you”
No answer was returned.
The mother came down and opened the door. At this the woman barged past.
“Excuse me”
She made her way to the living room where she picked up a photo of the family.
The eyes which met the photograph obviously sent chills down the mother’s spine.
“Please leave”
The woman carried on making her way up the stairs looking for the young child.
The mother was now in tears and a total mess.
“Get out” she screamed.

The mother then ran past the stranger in her house and into the last room on the landing which was her Childs bedroom.
Then ran with all her might out of the house living the door wide open she ran to the house next door and started banging on the door violently.
A voice from behind her said “a child died in that house just like your child!”
At this very moment a dishevelled looking man opened the door and let the mother and child in.
“Phone the police” the mother screamed with her child in her hands”
The man slammed the front door shut and locked it.
“Hello police” he said

when the police arrived they said the woman had left even faster than she had arrived and that they were speaking to the hospital about an absent patient.
© Copyright 2006 rubymlake (rubymlake at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1172918-absent-without-leave