*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1172987-Common-Path
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1172987
Katie is looking for revenge on the vampire who killed her brother two years ago.
Katie rested her legs on the table and looked up at the sky. It was beautiful indeed but soon day would turn into night, where all humans were vulnerable. Her eyes glanced at the article before her about the recent killing of a thirteen-year old girl. The girl's body was sucked dry of blood and there were no witnesses at the scene. Vampires. Katie winced at the word. They were filthy bloodsuckers who were determined to rule the world. They were powerful and seductive, yet dangerous as well. No one dared to go out at night except for skeptics and fools.
It was one night when her brother, Alex, found himself in a circle of hungry vampires, only to be slaughtered by the leader. From what her fellow vampire hunters said, the leader was no other than the infamous Kithro. Clenching her fists, she remembered how she discovered the news. Like her, Alex was also a vampire hunter who accidently found himself the target of a group of bloodsuckers. But this time, those vampires wouldn't get away. No, they were going to have to deal with her. She would hunt them down unrelentlessly until all of them were crumbling at her feet. That's how she would solve the problem. And then, Alex would finally rest in peace and she would go on with her life.
Rising from her seat, she drew out a black suit from her closet and began to change. Night was almost coming and she had to be ready for it. Tonight, she was going to kill a vampire and soon, she would find the others to kill.
"Be ready", she thought. "One by one, I'll kill them all and then they're be sorry they ever killed my brother."
She headed into the outside world where everybody by now had retired to their homes. No children went out to play during sunset, every store was now closed, and even gas stations didn't invite any customers. Everybody was back in their homes, securing every lock and door around their homes. Only the vampire hunters and those who were still skeptic dared to prawl out into the night. This was the time where vampires awakened from their sleep and lurked within the shadows, waiting for anybody to come.
Katie glanced at her watch. It was exactly 8 o'clock. The perfect time to find vampires when they're just waking up. Just as she looked up, she spotted one vampire lying on the ground. It was still asleep. Quickly drawing out her stake, she plunged it into the vampire's chest where it gave out a blood-curdling scream. Its body crumbled into fine powder where the wind swept it away.
"One down, another to go", Katie thought.
© Copyright 2006 Peeanorun (peeanorun at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1172987-Common-Path