*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1173451-Buried-alive
by Guilt
Rated: E · Short Story · Religious · #1173451
Just something I was thinking about.
Imagine yourself In an open feild. The sun is going down and the air is dense as a thick fog is setting in. As you look around completely and utterly dumbfounded as to how you got here a distant noise brings you out of your stupor, and though you dont know if you should, you begin to walk in the general direction of the noise. As you get closer to the noise the fog around you thickens and it becomes almost impossible for you to see more than 3 feet ahead of you but you press on. You come upon a black steel gate that has begun to rust with the inevability of the deterioration of time. There is a sign overhead of you, but you can't make out the words. The sound,which you can now make out as scrapeing, is becoming even clearer. Hopeing that you are making the right decision you continue on and as you pass the gates close behind you..... there is now going back now. You can see shapes all around you as you trudge through the fog that has become so thick that it almost seems to weigh you down. Once in a while you can make out shapes that appear to be some sculpted stone, but most of the shapes just appear to be square blocks. Now the sound is becoming more clear to you, the scrapeing is unmistakeable....somone is digging. Soon after you realize this you ram your knee into a block that you hadnt seen. You fall forward and catch yourself on the stone and look at it. To your horror the stone reads your name with your birthday and today's date. Then it all hits you, you are in a cemetery and you are staring at your very grave. You run your hands over the clamy, smooth stone, feelling the gooves that form the your name and the date, making sure that it is real....... you arent dreaming..............................

As you bring yourself up to your feet you see the source of the noise. At first glance your see the image of a giant of a man. He looks at you and his visage is one of hardness yet at the same time you feel an overwhelming love pouring forth from this hard face. Then you realize the truth of what you are looking at as you look past the face and see two great white wings erupt from the giants back and spread, showing him in all his glory....... you are looking at an angel. he hands you his shovel, the same shovel that he himself has been useing to dig the grave before you. You take a step toward the open grave and look in and see your own eyes looking back up at you. Your body lies there in this grave, disstorted and sick looking. Around your body are the things of your flesh, the things which you kept before God. You look up at the angel wondering what it is that you should do now. The angels eyes widen and he speaks to you. His voice is beautiful and pure. As he speaks you can make out no words with your mortal ears, his words only bring pain as they sear your ears with the peircing voice, but something inside of you speaks. You hear his words deep in your soul, "Bury yourself, and rise with Christ!" You look at him knowing what to do now, you don't even take a second to think, you begin to bury your flesh and all it's belongings. Once you are finished the angel once again speaks and again you feel his words, "AMEN!" Then he spreads his massive white wings, that seem to be made entirely of light, and takes flight and with him the fog rises into the sky allowing you to see your surroundings. Around you, you can make out other graves with the names of great godly men and women all over the earth. They had to sacrifice all they had to become Vessels of God. You run back to the entrance wondering what the name of the place is. You reach the entrance and stare in amazement as you look at the once rusted gate, that has now become white spotless.You gaze up at the sign over the gates.
it is called Calvary.

© Copyright 2006 Guilt (zachtheogre at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1173451-Buried-alive