*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1174142-The-Head-Quarters
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1174142
This is an Exerpt from a Novel I'm writing, about two warring Cities.
This Exerpt is just after the main Character, Rose, has found out that her leader Willow has commited Sucide, and has gone to talk to the other followers. She enters the Norm HQ for the first time

Rose strode up the steps of the Norm HQ, it reminded her of Gringotts the wizard bank, but when she pushed open one of the large wooden doors, she saw not goblins, but what couldv'e been a bright and airy, room, but which was actually dark and dank. She scanned the dirty yellow walls, for an intercom system or something like it it but found only a poster, promoting happiness in the work place, several mismatching blue chairs, and a pale beech desk.

She walked over to it and leant over, expecting to find a busily working secretary, but found only a plastic notice which had obiviously fallen from the top, where wilting flowers stood . It read, Sorry, I am away at the Moment, I will be back an 1 hour, Melanie x . The plaque was insribed and it looked like it could have been bronze at one point. She rubbed at the lettering and saw that it had been bronze, and was now coated in a thick layer of dust. Probably blonde, and stupid with a nailfile and a squeaky voice..

She walked round and sat on the tatty blue swivel-chair. She looked and the yellow monitor of the computer, and wiped the screen with a tissue, and wiped a film of dust from the screen. Pushing to on button it flickered into life, and showed a word document.


Dear Hazel,
Unfortunately due to lack of staffing I will be unable to make your birthday party, but I am Sending Melanie over with a


Rose looked at the date of the letter , the first of November some two years previously, the letter was discontinued and it seemed as Melanie would never return. I could be the secretary here , now that Ray is the leader, We can really turn this round even make a peace treaty. . . Rose scanned the rest of desk until she came across a raised piece of Mahogany wood, it had a brass plate on it and it had Room numbers, with little buttons and a small grill, through which to talk to the people. aha though Rose and she scanned down the list of numbers till she found Room 101 - Willow, assuming Amy and company would be there, she pushed the small Button.

"Ray , Amy, Ceres. It's Rose, I'm in the lobby, and I thought we should talk . . . "
© Copyright 2006 Starry-eyed (blackrose13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1174142-The-Head-Quarters