*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1174399-Cyber-Date---Part-2-of-4
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1174399
Section of story following Meeting Susan.
theguy1978: hey stranger
lonelygurl78: hey, I thought u wouldn’t show
theguy1978: lol, why’s that
lonelygurl78: u never know about people on here
theguy1978: yeah, true
lonelygurl78: so how was your day?
theguy1978: uneventful, u

Uneventful, that day was probably the most eventful day of my life. My mind was going nuts all day.

lonelygurl78: just a normal day at the job

The conversation went on, but it definitely wasn’t the normal conversation. We talked as if we were friends for years. I know it sounds cheesy, but there was some sort of spark. I talked to her unlike anyone I have ever talked to. We discussed some of the ironies of life, problems with morality, and some things I’ve never shared with anyone. I felt safe to tell her anything.

(after a long pause)

lonelygurl78: so I guess I’m wandering where we go from here

Oh shit. “Go from here.” What do I say? I don’t want to end this wonderful relationship. What is she thinking? We’ve known each other for less than a day. I know.

theguy1978: where do u want it to go

That’s good, leave it up to her. That way you aren’t making any advances towards other women. You just can’t help it if women find you irresistible – yeah right.

lonelygurl78: well I dunno, I feel like I know you enough that we could meet
lonelygurl78: we’re not that far away and your single n I am single

Damn. There is one big problem isn’t there. I am not single. I mean I want to meet her and I think she is a wonderful person. Why couldn’t this have happened a long time ago? However, the one thing going through my mind is fate. There was a reason I met this girl. I have always tried living my life, one moment at a time. I could escape work for a day and tell Donna I’m doing some research on my column. I could drive there. I definitely don’t want to take the chance of someone I know seeing me with her here.

theguy1978: well what did u have in mind

Good, good. You still are leaving it up to her.

lonelygurl78: well I mean I could drive to philly and we could eat or something
theguy1978: well actually I am doing some research in ohio in a while
lonelygurl78: really where in ohio

Oh, good job. I frantically search online for a town near Akron, it would be way too obvious if I just happened to be doing research in Akron. Ah, I could just tell her:

theguy1978: well actually in Columbus, stopping in Akron wouldn’t be hard
lonelygurl78: that’s perfect, so when are you going
theguy1978: well its for next months column, the actual date is manageable
theguy1978: when is a gud time for u
lonelygurl78: well how bout a Friday night, the 28?
theguy1978: yeah that works
lonelygurl78: that’s great, really great…well off to bed, got to get up early
theguy1978: ok
lonelygurl78: talk to you tomorrow…same time?
theguy1978: sure, gud nite
lonelygurl78: u too babe

Ok, this really is too much for my small man brain to process. She called me “babe.” She is going to meet with me in two weeks. I am engaged. We met on the internet. Fuck. What am I doing? I decided to sleep on it. Like when I write my columns, sometimes you can think more clearly after a good night’s rest.
When I woke up that next morning I was feeling incredibly terrible. I had a headache, stomach-ache, and a guilt-ache. After raiding the medicine cabinet and finding out that I had no drugs to kill the guilt I was feeling, I decided to go and think about things. I have a special chair that I sit in when I think about things. It was my grandfather’s. It’s a brown leather recliner that just sorts of grasps you when you sit down like it never wants to let go. The wonderful cushion whatever it’s made of just forms around your body and creates a sense of absolute comfort. That morning the sun was shining through window warming my face. I thought long and hard about the whole ordeal. Then the doorbell rang, it was Donna coming to eat breakfast. Typically, I was working on breakfast when she arrived so I decided to tell her that because of my “morning sickness” maybe she should cook breakfast.
Our conversation was normal focusing mostly on her plans for the day. I looked up from my Denver Omelet and stared at her face as she carried on her conversation. Her hair was unusually done up that morning. It was put up in a curled pony tail with large bangs taking the focus in the front. She was heavily made up with lipstick, eye shadow, rouge, and eye liner. She was sporting her normal work apparel, a knee length black skirt with a white and black tight fitting blouse. She had excellent curves. She was everything I pictured of a woman – physically. However, at that moment I had this realization. Susan was everything I pictured in a woman. She had the looks and the personality that I liked. I’m not saying Donna had a bad personality, it’s just that I never enjoyed her way of jabbering on and on about her. Donna was given everything in life. Her father was the founder and President of a successful dental products manufacturing company. This connection got her into Harvard Law (I guess lawyers often have bad teeth or something) and also a junior partner position at her father’s friend’s law firm, Sherman, Hughes, and Terrence. Even our relationship was created through her father. We met at a party that was held at his vacation house in Virginia. My presence was requested to represent the Daily News.
It was this realization that finally made up my mind to at least meet Susan and have lunch with her. I figured that there would be no harm done by a conversation over a couple of burgers and a few cups of coffee. I could also finally size up Susan as a person by having a real conversation in person.

To be continued…
© Copyright 2006 Just a novice (togapolitics at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1174399-Cyber-Date---Part-2-of-4