*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1174527-Youre-grounded-miss
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #1174527
A funny, yet true story about a 14 year old girl having a talk with her mom via TTY.
         Away at the school for the deaf, the girl decided to give a call to her mom. She may have missed home, but she seemed to be enjoying her dorm life with her friends. Since she was deaf where American Sign Language was her native language, so her English writing wasn't as good as most kids her age.

She had a pretty good time talking with her mom. She asked her mom to make the choices.

The TTY read, "UP YOURS".

I'm sure the girl did not mean that. What she really meant was, "It's really up to you."

Then her mom replied back on the TTY, "WHEN YOU GET HOME THIS FRIDAY, YOU'RE GROUNDED".

         Puzzled by what her mom said on the TTY, the girl felt that she has not say anything wrong or offensive. At 14 and being deaf, she might have no idea what the phrase really meant.

Nearly 10 years later at age of 23, she went for a scroll into the memory lane in her mind. She laughed about it. She now know what it really meant.
© Copyright 2006 kalastic (kalastic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1174527-Youre-grounded-miss