*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1174708-Out-there
Rated: E · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1174708
What happens in the outer limits of space.
Out There

Somewhere in the outer limits of space was a house. The house was on a piece of land that was a lot like an island. This island had no atmosphere. It was like the sun was right next to it. It has been out there since the beginning of time; no one knows why.
It was a lemonade pink with a brown roof. In a dark room laid a sleeping skeleton.
Soon the sun was in sight, and the light woke the skeleton. It sat up in bed, and looked around. It got out of bed, and as soon as it did it grew skin. The girl smiled, then made her bed. She took one of the blankets she has been sleeping with and put it in the closet. The other blanket made the bed. She combed her white hair and looked into the mirror that was shaped like a giant skull.
The girl walked out of the house toward the swimming pool. It was the only source of entertainment on her small, uninhabited island in the outer limits.
She jumped into the purple water. She floated on the top and relaxed. The skies around her turned pitch black. An eclipse surrounded her, but she was not afraid. Suddenly the girl was lifted from the waters into the mysterious sky. The purple liquid rose and whirled around her. She lifted her arms, welcoming the unearthly occurrence. Her hair floated as if a breeze had come. She smiled at the water around her.
The girls fingers turned to paint tubes; the sky turned into a canvas. She was not afraid, she painted the colors of her anger and loneliness. Red was all over the canvas. After, she felt serenity and happiness because of her solitude. Then, the canvas turned blue. The colors spun around her and she tasted it. It was her happiness and sorrow at the same time.
The colors let her down into the purple pool. She could see the sun again. The girls skin melted away, turning her back into a skeleton. The skeleton sighed and as it looked onto the cold, lonely outer limits of space.
© Copyright 2006 October (immortelle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1174708-Out-there