*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1174913-Its-here
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1174913
The rains of fall,finally.
Here again are the cold rainy nights.Wet before I get to my hiding place to sleep.I over dress each year. It's raining! Not Freezing! But the layers help to keep me warm when I wake up and am wet.
I learned to sleep laying on my right side. That's where the wet areas are.The road drains are plugging up as they do every fall.My waterproof boots don't seem to be waterproof.Atleast not my right boot.
Tired.I lay out my army poncho and crawl into it.It's hot at first because of the exertion of pulling the poncho out of my beat up ,worn bag. Then I have to set the poncho out so that a small portion is for me to lay on and the longer portion is for to pull over my body and help keep the rain out.
Still I wake up wet and cold.But that's better than completely soaked like I used to get when I was new to the streets.Unprepared for the seasons.Now I have to begin thinking about the freezing weather coming.I use no sleeping bag. I carry as little as possible.
If I have to get up and leave. I get up and leave.I don't want to waste time putting on my boots or clothing.Just get up and go.A guy spooked me a couple years ago.When I seen his shadow still because he was thinking something. When his shadow left.I knew to get up and go.I didn't to hang around to find out what it was he had planned.(Later that summer my nephews friend decided to take a short cut through the park and was stabbed...)Could've been the same guy following me in the park.
A couple of weeks ago I was found by a guy taking out the trash.He radioed in and asked if he should call the cops. He told me to get up and leave.I got up and grabbed my lightweight poncho and left.Always hiding every night,from everyone.
I'm out in the streets by my own choosing.The shelters have their own problems.Presently I sleep next to a funeral home and there's noisy wind blowing machines I hide behind .The new jail is across the street from where i sleep. Some day I'll be in there for trespassing.
No matter where I go I'll always be trespassing.Not much sleep and always scared every night.The bad guys haven't found me yet.Otherwise I'd've already gotten beaten up.They're part of the reason I'm scared every night.
Nuff now.


© Copyright 2006 gunkawee (gunkawee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1174913-Its-here