*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1175423-A-Deeper-Magick
by Cindy
Rated: GC · Non-fiction · Fantasy · #1175423
Tynan and his lover Alaric looking for a magic gem and trying to stay alive.
Chapter One: The Legend

Long before the legend of King Arthur, before Christianity, and before Avalon was even a glimmer of magick on the night wind, there was a mist-enshrouded island known to all as Tanegrey. It's magical shoreline reached the furthest oceans of the world and Mortal and Immortal lived together in harmony.

Time passed and chaos swept the magical land. A Blessed child was born and all Mortals bowed to him in fear. It was one of many changes that affected Tanegrey for the worst; people stopped believing in the goodness of magick and came to fear the inhabitants of the mystical island.

Forbidden in the mind and lives of the Mortals, Tanegrey and its inhabitants sank into the mists. Unrest filled the now small island and Immortals fought amongst other Immortals, an eternal battle between those who wished to lead the Fey in Tanegrey in a mass rebellion against the Mortals; and those who wished to stay in the mists forever and live in obscurity. Soon, the island was swept into what became known in Tanegrey history as The Great Fey War. But beneath the flames of destruction came a message of hope. A girl-child was to be born of mortal parents, but she would be of the Fey. She would grow to be one of the most powerful of the Immortals and that she would once again unite the World That Once Was to The World That Is Now.

And from her line would rise a Great King and he would bring peace to the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Goddess, once known as the mortal child Gwynise, sat upon her Crystal Throne, its light a shining nimbus that highlighted her terrible beauty, and watched the world beneath the Sky Lake with sad eyes. The deep, gleaming iridescence of her pale eyes reflected the light of the fires and the somber tone of her voice held in its crystalline depths the sound of destruction as the Mortals began to remove all traces of her existence by any means necessary.

“In time they will have forgotten me. “ She lamented to her daughter, Larkin, as she sat quietly by her side.

“But, Mother…” Larkin began to protest only to be silence by a waved hand.

“I could only do so much to restore their faith in us. Remember, I was once Mortal and lived in a time when Magick was forbidden to us. Now that and many lifetimes have passed and in each one I have watched us rise into the esteem of these Mortals. I have loved them because I lived among them and they have loved me, but the time is passing and we are no longer dear to them. It is war and wealth that they love; our pure Magick is being twisted into a darker art to satisfy that greed. The two worlds once united are breaking their bonds once more. My child, my time is at an end.”

She gently hushed Larkin as she began to protest, “No, my poppet, it is your turn now to carry on and keep our Magick pure, for it is a child of your line that will bring peace and unite us once more. I will soon put my powers into the jewel for your son so that it may be kept safe until he is ready to receive it.”


© Copyright 2006 Cindy (misssarcasmmi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1175423-A-Deeper-Magick