*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1176736-Jam-Session
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Emilie
Rated: E · Poetry · Music · #1176736
My brother playing his saxaphone on stage at a concert.
Jam Session
The cold metal keys,
Go flying underneath his fingers,
As he plays scales,
Up and down the saxophone.
Now he is playing with the drums, piano, and bass.
The keys begin to burn as he gets faster and faster.
He is on fire now.
He is getting into the music as his solo is coming up within the next few measures.
His solo comes; he feels the beat and flows with it.
He is improvising sick music as he tries to get as much as possible into the few measures he has to play with.
His solo ends and the other musicians jump in.
He rests and lets the music around him fill his mind with melodic changes and chords.
He dances to the music and starts to play again, with the other musicians.
The music flows within the group as though they could read each others minds.
They all begin to dance and improvise off one another.
The entire group is on fire as the height of the piece comes and goes.
Another solo is beginning and he just stands to the side to observe and listen.
He feeds off the other players solo and gets new ideas for future solos.
The solo ends and he joins in again.
The piece is coming to its end but he doesn’t want to stop.
The music has been going on and on, though, and the musicians begin to get a little tired.
Finally the piece stops.
The crowd applauds and he realizes he is NOT in a Jam Session!
The club applauds as the group leaves the stage and the announcer comes on to announce the next group.
The music might of ended,
And his horn might of stopped playing,
But in his mind the music kept playing well into the night...

© Copyright 2006 Emilie (hobbitgirl41 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1176736-Jam-Session