*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1176978-The-Teddy-Bear
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1176978
the teddy bear
The teddy bear sat alone in the center of a small, nearly empty room. It was worn and stained; anyone who happened upon it might think that it had been loved by a young child, or perhaps even multiple generations, but this bear’s purpose was in fact a morbid symbol to any man, woman or child who was unfortunate enough to enter the room. Its glass eyes were far clearer and more lively than those of any living thing that had ever been in the room. Indeed, to look into those dark, perfectly shaped eyes was to see reality - a haunted mirror image of himself staring back at him.

Some men tried to torture the animal. Bits of fur, stuffing, a bright blue bow tie, and even an ear were detached from the innocent creature and were now scattered around the room, the only decorations besides the lonely teddy bear in the center of the dimly lit room. Men forgot that the bear was just a toy, thought that it actually was their captor, it was to blame for all their pain. The women avoided the toy, unsure. The children feared it, the torn body, patched fur, and mysterious stains were nothing like their comforting toys at home.

How is it that a teddy bear could become such a deadly symbol? The tortured bear haunted, not comforted, those who saw it, who touched it. A simple teddy bear, with a bright blue bow tie and brighter still glass eyes, abandoned by a young girl who so loved it, so desperately needed it. Brought into a small, dark room, stained with the blood, thoughts and emotions of the occasional visitor. A dark sight for those about to die.
© Copyright 2006 Ha! is gone? What now?! (reginamortis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1176978-The-Teddy-Bear